Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OnMarketDepth not letting go of IB subscriptions

Hi

This is Peter Davies from Jigsaw here - had to re-register 'cause I couldn't get through your 'forgot password' page.. duh.

I am attaching a simple indicator. It's a slightly modified version of the "SampleMarketDepth" indicator.

Problem is with Interactive Brokers.

1 - Connect to Interactive Brokers (938.1e)
    2 - Open a chart for ES 03-14
    3 - Add attached indicator
    4 - Change symbol on the chart to YM 03-14
    5 - Change symbol on the chart to NQ 03-14
    6 - Change symbol on the chart to 6E 03-14

The indicator will no longer return any print statements as it has been unable to connect to the Market Depth for 6E 03-14.

The following message appears in the log; 23/12/2013 01:17:17|3|4|Max number (3) of market depth requests has been reached 309

Whilst IB does indeed have a subscription limit, we are just looking at 1 instrument at a time.

Ninja should be letting go of the subscriptions or telling IB that it is no longer used.

Cheers

Pete
    Attached Files

Hi Pete,

Thank you for your post.

To investigate this further, please send me your log and trace files by going to Help -> Mail to Support

Put ATTN Cal in the subject line and reference this post in the body.

Thank you for your patience.
    Cal H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Done - but I did post the .cs file and you can very easily reproduce this yourself.

Comment

Any news on this one?

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for checking in. This is a limitation of NinjaTrader 7 where the OnMarketDepth request is not released when you switch symbols. We've created a test scenario with the script you provided and have slated to improve this area in NinjaTrader 8
          MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Ok - is there a date for beta trial of NT8?

I thought it was scheduled for 2013.

Any update?

Comment

There was never a confirmed ETA for the beta release. We still do not have a time frame we can give in terms pending release of NinjaTrader 8. I have your email on our beta list for NT8 and you will receive an email as soon as that is announced.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Matthew View Post
                There was never a confirmed ETA for the beta release. We still do not have a time frame we can give in terms pending release of NinjaTrader 8. I have your email on our beta list for NT8 and you will receive an email as soon as that is announced.
                So a fix for this bug also has no release date too, right?

This, along with a number of other data issue are permanently on hold for what could be years.

Is there any point actually reporting bugs any more seeing as your policy is simply to say they will be fixed at some unknown point in the future?

If you were a customer/partner of a company with such a policy - how would you feel about it?

Comment

Originally posted by DionysusToast View Post
                  So a fix for this bug also has no release date too, right?

This, along with a number of other data issue are permanently on hold for what could be years.

Is there any point actually reporting bugs any more seeing as your policy is simply to say they will be fixed at some unknown point in the future?

If you were a customer/partner of a company with such a policy - how would you feel about it?
                  NinjaTrader 7 is at the end of it's life cycle and has been in emergency maintenance mode for quite some time.

Yes I do think it's import to report bugs you come across in NT7 as we actively document and record in our internal issue tracker to test for nt8. It is helpful and we certainly appreciate you bringing these to our attention. By not reporting bugs in nt7 will not ensure they're not fixed in nt8.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Matthew View Post
                    NinjaTrader 7 is at the end of it's life cycle and has been in emergency maintenance mode for quite some time.

Yes I do think it's import to report bugs you come across in NT7 as we actively document and record in our internal issue tracker to test for nt8. It is helpful and we certainly appreciate you bringing these to our attention. By not reporting bugs in nt7 will not ensure they're not fixed in nt8.

NT7 is your only production product. It's in production, it has not been superseded.

It is all you have and it is what you sell to this day.

To say it's in emergency maintenance mode is ridiculous. The emergency is the fact you are NOT addressing issues your existing user base is reporting.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by MacDad, 02-25-2024, 11:48 PM
                    7 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post loganjarosz123  
                    Started by Belfortbucks, Today, 09:29 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post Belfortbucks