Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Margin in simulation account

Hi ninjas,

I have a problem here. I'm doing tests in the account Sim101, with two instruments, ES and EURUSD. Each one has different margin requirements, but I don't how to do this, cause in the Options tab there are several margin, which I've chosen carefully, but it seems that box ( margin units ) is causing a distortion, which it cancel some of the script when it comes to trigger any order, cause the account is suposedly exceeded.

So, is there any way to individualize the margin requirements in order not to cause this?

Hello pstrusi,

The Margin settings inside of the Tools -> Options -> Simulator tab will be for every instrument but if you want to more individualize them more then you may want to change the Point Value and/or Margin Value inside of the Instrument Manager for each instrument to be able to do what you would like.

Here is a thread on this using Forex that talks about this that may help you with some of your settings that you may view.
    JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_JC View Post
      Hello pstrusi,

The Margin settings inside of the Tools -> Options -> Simulator tab will be for every instrument but if you want to more individualize them more then you may want to change the Point Value and/or Margin Value inside of the Instrument Manager for each instrument to be able to do what you would like.

Here is a thread on this using Forex that talks about this that may help you with some of your settings that you may view.
      http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=14614
      Hi JC, thanks for your attention.

In Tools -> Options -> Simulator tab there is just general check boxes for general margin for the simulation account, not for any instrument, if so, please let me know how.

But thanks for the suggestion in the instruments manager, I knew that I've seen something yet, but in hurry didn't have time.

Thanks

Comment

Hello pstrusi,

In Tools -> Options -> Simulator tab there is just general check boxes for general margin for the simulation account, not for any instrument, if so, please let me know how.
        There are not instrument settings inside of the Tools -> Options -> Simulator tab. The Margin settings here will be used for the Simulated Account locally held in your NinjaTrader platform like the Sim101 and Replay101 account.

Comment

I misunderstood you JC, thanks

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_JC View Post
            Hello pstrusi,

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=14614
            JC, in the help guide tells this about the margin value for each instrument:
            The margin required for backtesting this instrument
            Questions:
            1. This margin value is just for backtest purposes and not the live simulation?
            2. Margin value as a percentage of thetotal value?

Thanks

Comment

Hello pstrusi,

1. Yes, I believe this should work for Live Simulation as well. Typically, it is used for the Backtest with the "Set order quantity" to "by account size".

2. The Margin Value will be the value that you set inside of the Instrument Manager per contract.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
              Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes