Excel to Ninjatrader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excel to Ninjatrader

Hi, is there any way how can i get my discretionary inputs (from my diary in excel) into Ninjatrader and after that use on them strategy analyzer?

Hello FunBcz,

It is possible to read from an excel file.

Below is a link to a thread which outlines the requirements for setting this up.
    http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...t.php?p=212397

These following links are official reference samples which outline how to read and write from a file. (This demonstration uses a .txt file)
    http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=3475
    http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ead.php?t=3476
    http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ead.php?t=3477
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello, but this is Ninjatrader to Excel, not Excel to Ninjatrader.

Comment

Hi FunBcz,

Thanks for clarifying that for me.

Are you asking if it is possible to export the parameters you use for a strategy to an excel file?

If so, this would not be possible. Let me know that this is what you are asking for and I will submit a feature request for this in your behalf.

Comment

Hello, I have discretionary inputs (date, time, input price), which are in Excel. I want that inputs give into Ninjatrader use Strategy Analyzer and find best automatic outputs.

Comment

FunBcz,

I am not quite clear at what you are trying to accomplish.

You mention "this is Ninjatrader to Excel, not Excel to Ninjatrader." but then you are also saying "I want that inputs give into Ninjatrader use Strategy Analyzer and find best automatic outputs.".

Can you clarify if this is to be information that comes from NinjaTrader that will be saved in an excel spreadsheet?

Also, may I clarify that by "discretionary inputs" you are referring to the parameters you are using in the Strategy Analyzer?

Comment

You are told:

I am not quite clear at what you are trying to accomplish.

You mention "this is Ninjatrader to Excel, not Excel to Ninjatrader." but then you are also saying "I want that inputs give into Ninjatrader use Strategy Analyzer and find best automatic outputs.".
              My answer: This was just answer for your post. (I want Excel into Ninjatrader)

Can you clarify if this is to be information that comes from NinjaTrader that will be saved in an excel spreadsheet?
              My answer:I won't this.

Also, may I clarify that by "discretionary inputs" you are referring to the parameters you are using in the Strategy Analyzer?
              My answer: It isn´t discretionary inputs in Strategy Analyzer, I want use SA for next analyze already imported inputs.

Simply: I have inputs which I want get into Ninjatrader.

Comment

Hi FunBcz,

Just to clarify once more, you have the parameters that you use for a strategy (or several parameter sets) that you would like to read from an Excel file and then use these as the parameters for a backtest. Is this correct?

While it is possible to read data from an Excel file it would not be possible to run a backtest or optimization using parameters that are saved in a file.

These would need to be entered by hand as you are testing the strategy.

The optimizer, however, is designed to help you find the optimal parameters for a strategy that will produce the best results for a given set of data.

Below is a link to the help guide on Optimizing a Strategy.
                http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...a_strategy.htm

Comment

You are told:

Just to clarify once more, you have the parameters that you use for a strategy (or several parameter sets) that you would like to read from an Excel file and then use these as the parameters for a backtest. Is this correct?
                  My answer: Yes it is half correct, so i have in excel only this parameters: DATE, TIME, INPUT PRICE, MAE, MFE (I have not parameters for strategy)

Comment

Hi FunBcz,

When I am referring to strategy parameters I am referring to the settings that you are using to run the strategy. I was including the date, price type, bar type, interval, time frame, etc..

Moving forward I will refer to these as the strategies settings.

If you are wanting to run backtests using strategy settings that are saved in an excel file, this will not be possible.

If you would like, I can submit a feature request in your behalf to our development department to consider creating this functionality. Would you like me to do this?

Comment

Please could you submit function to development department. Thank you.

Comment

Hi FunBcz,

Thank you for your feedback and suggestions. We value your opinions and they will be considered in our feature discussion for a future NinjaTrader release.

Comment

Hello FunBcz,

Your suggestion has been submitted and accepted for consideration for a future NinjaTrader release by our product development team. We will be tracking this suggestion using ID #2630 in our system.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by suroot, 02-25-2017, 04:43 AM
                          11 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post Zilvercat  
                          Started by Rogers101, 05-05-2024, 11:30 AM
                          16 responses
                          0 likes