Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't remove trend line and chart appears blanc after reload

Hi guys,

lately I'm having a problem with just one market. I cannot remove trend lines and when I reload or change time frame the chart is appearing empty. If this happens on this particular market (CAC40 future), then other markets also will appear blanc after a reload or change of time frame.

I will have to restart Ninja and then it will work for a while until it starts all over again.

I already have deleted the data from the historical data tab and also removed all the cache data under the 'my documets' section from my computer. This didn't help.

Thanks in advance!

Sandor

Hello Sandor,

Did you delete the "cache" folder under Documents-->NinjaTrader 7 or under Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->db? Please delete the "cache" folder under Documents-->NinjaTrader 7--> db while NinjaTrader is closed. Subsequently check if charts become blank after reloading historical data.

If so, please repair the database. Disconnect your data feed and go to Control Center-->Tools-->Options-->Data-tab, click Repair DB. Restart NinjaTrader and check if the charts load as expected and if you can remove drawing objects.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason,

Thanks for your quick reply.

Regarding the deleting of the cache folder with NT closed, I had tried before I posted this thread.

Repairing the DT worked to remove the drawing objects but after I set the trend line to 'appear on all charts' the problem is back already. I can again not remove the trend line.

Any more ideas?

Thanks!

Sandor

Comment

Hello Sandor,

Yes, I understand you already deleted a cache folder. I was just trying to get clarification if you deleted the "cache" folder under Documents-->NinjaTrader 7 or under Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->db. This is not clear from your messages.

Are you unable to remove the line in the chart where you drew the line or in the other charts?

How exactly do you try to remove the line? Does it work if you click the line once and then hit the Delete btton on your keyboard?

Comment

Hi Jason,

The line cannot be removed from the charts where I drew it on, by the way it should be plotting it on the other CAC40 charts as well, but this is also not working. This function does work well on other markets.

Yes, when I select the line and press delete on my keyboard it is not removing it. I also tried to right click and then select remove, this also does not work.

Thanks,

Sandor

Comment

Hello Sandor,

Can you please send me your log and trace files. Log and trace files can be found at the following locations. Please attach them in the email and send it to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. Put 'Att Jason, Can't remove trend line and chart appears blanc after reload' in the subject header.

C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->(My) Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Log--> log.20131227 for today. (log.yyyymmdd for any other date)

C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->(My) Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Trace--> trace.20131227 for today. (trace.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Yasharandom, Today, 07:45 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Yasharandom  
            Started by llanqui, Yesterday, 09:59 AM
            4 responses
            0 likes