Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zen-Fire Connection Dropping Out After Installing NT V18

Hi,

I just installed NT V18 as instructed this morning for the Zen-Fire connection. Unfortunately as soon as I connected it dropped the connection 3 or more times in the first 3 minutes or so, and seems to be dropping it more. So that doesn't work. I'll try some of the "solutions" in the other related threads and see what happens. I lost $170 a couple of weeks ago with a lost Zen-Fire connection. Hard to trade effectively without a solid connection. And if I know it's balky I won't trade. Thanks.

BTW I had the previous version installed and had no problems today until I installed the new one.
    Last edited by bce111; 12-27-2013, 11:12 AM.

Hello bce11,

Please send an email to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with a reference to this thread so we may call you with a remote session to ensure everything is up and running.

Thanks and we look forward to getting you up and running as expected.

Comment

Hi, James

I'm not available by phone this morning. What's the best way to communicate other than that? Thanks.

I'm going to look up the password for the Mirus connection and try reestablishing it as instructed in someone else's post. It's obvious a number of people are having more or less the same connection problems with Zen-Fire. Hopefully you're looking into this. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Hello bce11,

The best way to reach us, if not by phone, is support[at]ninjatrader[com]. We can look into your log and trace files (something I would not want you posting on this public forum) and do specific troubleshooting unique to your situation.

ZenFire and our development teams are hard at work at resolving each item with each individual as they are reported.

Comment

Thanks, James

I'm reestablishing the Zen-Fire connection. I'll see if that works. Thanks.

I created it now and am connected. I'll monitor it for a bit and see what happens. I'll let you know. Thanks.
          Last edited by bce111; 12-27-2013, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Now I just looked and it's showing no money in my account.

Comment

Now the money showed up, but it doesn't know it and won't let me trade.

Comment

The cash balances will not be updated until there is a trade initiated on the API. You can force these balances to update by placing a buy limit order several ticks below the current market price on your live account and then immediately canceling the order.

Can you clarify what you mean by "it doesn't know it"? Do you mean the realized PnL has not updated?

If you are unable to trade, please re-send your log/trace files to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com and I'll be happy to look into any behavior you're seeing.
                MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Now I closed and reopened NT and the money and trading part is okay. But the connection still seems balky. I repaired the database too.

Comment

Thanks, Matthew

That's what I did is placed a sell order above the current levels and that seems okay now. Let me monitor the connection for a bit and see if that's okay.

Comment

Sounds good.

Do not hesitate to contact me if there is anything else I can do for you.
                      MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
                      3 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick  
                      Started by RookieTrader, Today, 07:41 AM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes