Market replay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market replay

how is it possible for me to be connected to market replay and have it load the previous 10 days? it will only load the bars from the day selected in the control panel for market replay. Do i have to be a paid subscriber to kinetic for me to view it in continuation; a constant chart?

EDIT
    so if i subscribe to kinetic i will be able to paper trade historical data correct but have a constant chart day after day month after month correct?

thanks
    WK
    Last edited by WadeKidder; 12-28-2013, 07:10 PM.

Hello WadeKidder,

Thank you for your post.

With the free simulation edition of NinjaTrader the historical data is not loaded unless you already have the historical data downloaded from a data feed provider (such as Kinetick). NinjaTrader is not a data feed provider or broker, therefore you will need to connect to a supported data feed provider in order to download historical data. You can view a list of our supported data feed providers at the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...rical_data.htm

Market Replay data is not the same as historical data. While Market Replay data can be downloaded, historical data is not provided for the charts. You can however download the 10 ten days needed and then replay the data starting 10 days back in order to see the data visualized on the chart.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

I want to be able to use market replay but have the charts load more than 1 day. i want it to load a week or so. how do i do that?

Comment

Hello WK,

Thank you for your response.

You can do this by downloading the data from File > Utilities > Download Replay Data > and download each day needed for the week.

Once complete connect to the Market Replay Connection and play the week through until the desired point. You will then have the market data on the chart for the week.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Alright i downloaded Dec 2nd tru Dec 5th. Connected to market replay and selected the previous dates to play. My Volume and Tick Charts loaded but my 15 minute did not.

Comment

Hello WK,

Thank you for your response.

What time and date is being replayed on the Market Replay Control Window? What Session Template is set for the 15 minute chart? What instrument are you replaying?

Comment

Okay i now have the 20 Min ES 3-14 7:20AM. it is charting along with the others now. But it is not loading every day continuously. Every day is a new first bar with no previous bars from the day prior to,

Comment

Hello,

I would recommend disconnecting from Market Replay then connecting instead to your real-time/historical data provider to load a chart which includes the time period which you will be playing back. Once historical data for this period has been loaded via your real-time/historical data provider you should see the same data available to backfill charts when using Market Replay.
                KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

i am subscribed to kinetick, how do i go about loading charts a prior date and trading?

Comment

Hello,

After connecting to Kinetick, open a chart of the instrument you are trying to replay which includes data from the period you are playing back.

Chart look back periods can be set within the Data Series menu using the 'Days to Load' property

Comment

Your the man.

Thank you tons!
                      Wade Kidder

Comment

I am connected and have a constant feed. but the charts are frozen and they are all on different prices. its not replaying as the control panel says it is im playing 10/14/2013 its running the clock but the charts are frozen

Comment

Hi,

Please contact me by email at Support AT NinjaTrader DOT com. In your message, please include a link to this forum thread.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post Christopher_R  
                          Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
                          166 responses
                          0 likes