Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

unable to connect to zen-fire

Good Morning,

I lost my connection to Zen-fire last night and still am not able to connect. I am hoping they are doing maintenance? Any word of that?

Thanks so much.

Debbie

Hi Debbie,

Zen-Fire has had a mandatory update that requires you to upgrade to NinjaTrader R18. Once you upgrade you will be able to connect.

More information here - http://www.zen-fire.com/emails/ZFNT_...der_Update.htm

If for some reason you are unable to connect after the upgrade please contact your Zen-Fire based broker and they can resolve this for you in short order.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Ray,

I did all the upgrades with no issues but last night lost connectivity and haven't been able to connect since. I know that maintenance is often done on the weekends so I was wondering if that is the case?

Thanks so much

Comment

Originally posted by debbieg100 View Post
        Hi Ray,

I did all the upgrades with no issues but last night lost connectivity and haven't been able to connect since. I know that maintenance is often done on the weekends so I was wondering if that is the case?

Thanks so much
        That could then be the case. Please try again later as markets are about to open today.
        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Same here. Planned on downloading historical data today (Sunday 29th), was just sitting there saying - "connecting - zen-fire".

I went into my account setting and checked "connect at startup" and now Ninjatrader will not even start.

Thanks in advance for any help!
          Tom

ps I did upgrade to v18 on the 28th
          Last edited by tnr61; 12-29-2013, 10:22 AM.

Comment

unable to connect to zenfire

I have the same issue..... The bar freeze with "connecting zen-fire" status, but anything else happens.... any idea?

Comment

Hello,

For users who are not able to load NinjaTrader.

It appears that you are using connect on startup, and as ZenFire is unable to connect right now, the platform will not open as expected as it is being hung up on the connect process (you should be able to connect by 2PM Central) . If you send your config file to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with a reference to this thread, we will be able to manually change the connect on startup feature, and we can send you the new config file so you can reinsert the modified file and launch NinjaTrader at that point. Please note that his will not allow you to connect until 2PM, but will allow you to access NinjaTrader. IMPORTANT: DO NOT POST YOUR CONFIG FILE ON THIS FORUM.

The config file in the following Directory:

• My Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Config

Thanks in advance.

Comment

I have the same problem as everybody else (and yes I did upgrade).

If ZenFire is doing some upgrades or is down for planned maintenance it would be nice if users could be notified of this perhaps via a custom error message. They could also provide an ETA for normal service. As things stand now users are just left guessing whether it's their PC playing up, their upgrade that went wrong .... or something else altogether!

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_James View Post
                  Hello,

For users who are not able to load NinjaTrader.

It appears that you are using connect on startup, and as ZenFire is unable to connect right now, the platform will not open as expected as it is being hung up on the connect process ...
                  Sounds like a software design fault. Are there plans to fix this in the next release of NT?

Comment

Hello,

Maintenance by almost all data providers is generally done on the weekends when the markets are closed. NinjaTrader Ray mentioned in post #4 that this could likely be the case, and if it is then all users should be able to connect to ZenFire before the open.

If you are not able to connect an hour before the markets open, let us know and we will be happy to help.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_James View Post
                      Maintenance by almost all data providers is generally done on the weekends when the markets are closed. .
                      My suggestion still stands. Users are able to connect sometimes on weekends. When a user is unable to connect on a weekend he has no way of knowing whether it's a problem with his setup that he needs to fix before the markets open .... or whether it's a planned maintenance shutdown.

This thread wouldn't exist if the user was kept informed that his failed connection was because of maintenance work being done.
                      Last edited by Instamess; 12-29-2013, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your suggestion, I will be sure to let ZenFire know of your concern.

I also want to mention that we are always here to help, so if there are ever any issues with connecting to any supported data providers, please do not hesitate to contact our support team.
                        Last edited by NinjaTrader_James; 12-29-2013, 01:47 PM.

Comment

I'm starting to get nervous here.

In an earlier post<<http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/forum/showthread.php?t=62796>> I pointed out TWO problems: Unable to get Charts on the screens and Unable to Connect to ZEN.

The weekend maintenance answered the 2nd problem but not the first. I still don't get any charts loaded from my saved Workspace!

Any Ideas would be helpful. Do I need to restore from the last good backup? Throw me a bone here.

Thanks in advance.

D

Comment

Hello dmking,

If you have a recent backup to NinjaTrader, I would recommend trying that first. If that does not restore your charts then please send a note to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with a reference to this thread and we can investigate further.

Comment

dmking, hope you are able to recover those workspaces.

Everyone else, the maintenance work seems to be over now and you should be able to connect even though it's more than two hours to market open.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post DynamicTest  
                              Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post ScottWalsh