Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Error-Failure to Login After Installing v18 (Zenfire)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error-Failure to Login After Installing v18 (Zenfire)

I backed up Ninjatrader then as instructed by Zenfire - in this message http://www.zen-fire.com/emails/ZFNT_...der_Update.htm - I installed the v18 update and when I attempted to Startup Ninjatrader I received this error/message http://screencast.com/t/qOn6IBvaAnD

What are my best options here? DO I ask for support from this forum or from some Zenfire technical support? Should I restore to my previous Ninjatrader? I understand from the Zenfire message that I won't be able to connect after today - so I don't see the point in going back.

Any help - much appreciated
    Robert

Hi Robert,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our forums.

The error you have reported is related to the NinjaTrader database file and you've come to the right place to have this error resolved.

The message you provided indicates that the deployed version of SQL is unable to connect to the database file. There is both a 32-bit and 64-bit version of this SQL technology so I'd suggest trying both short cuts on your desktop to see if either will work.

To repair, my recommendation would be to re-install the SQL technology required to connect to the db.

Please follow the below steps to ensure the correct version of SQL Compact Edition is installed on your PC. If you are not entirely comfortable performing the steps below, please let me know and we can setup a time for a remote support session.
    1. Navigate to the Windows Control Panel
    2. Add and remove software/programs
    3. Uninstall any SQL Compact Editions you see, if none are present you may ignore this step and continue onto the next step
    4. Install latest SQL Compact Edition 3.5. SP2 which is available here: Download Here
    5. Once you run the downloaded file it will ask you for a directory to extract the installer to. Point this to a temporary directory that you will be able to quickly locate later, such as the desktop
    6. Navigate to the aforementioned directory in which the files have been extracted to (there will be two files)
    7. SSCERuntime_x86-ENU.msi - Run this one first
    8. SSCERuntime_x64-ENU.msi - No need to run this if you are on a 32 bit system, if you are on a 64 bit system you will also need to run this file, if you are not sure if you have a 64 bit system go ahead and run this file. If you are not using a 64 Bit operating system, the installer will cancel itself automatically
    9. Follow the installation steps outlined in the installation wizard
    10. Once installed you will need to restart your PC
    11. You will now be able to launch NinjaTrader 7
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_Matthew; 12-29-2013, 01:06 PM.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

I started NinjaTrader using the 32 bit and it started fine - so the problem is with the 64 bit database. I'll try to rebuild/repair using your instructions and report back.

Thanks for your help

Comment

Tried to install the SQL and received this error: http://screencast.com/t/xniUwCoj7L

Presumably I need to install IIS first - Google searching is providing a lot of choices - do you have a recommended site for download/installing the IIS?

Comment

Hi,

I'm not sure I've ever come across this exact error. I apologize, I did forget to give you the link to the version needed for NinjaTrader. I've edited my previous post to include the following link:

Please try to install this version and let me know if you get the same error or any other behavior that prevents you from launching NinjaTrader.

Comment

Using your supplied link - I downloaded and installed SQL 32 bit - then 64 Bit - Rebooted and now Ninja 64 bit runs fine. I also connected to Zenfire - so presumably it will work when the Market opens up.

Thanks

R

Comment

Thanks for reporting back so quickly. I'm happy to hear that NinjaTrader is running. Please let us know if you need anything else after the market opens.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Gerik, Today, 09:40 AM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Gerik
              by Gerik

Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM
              2 responses