Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

error on loading chart data for 'XXX Default': Error on requesting historical data:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

error on loading chart data for 'XXX Default': Error on requesting historical data:

Hi,

I am trying to back-test a multi-instrument strategy, but I keep getting this error:

"error on loading chart data for 'SAI Default': Error on requesting historical data: No more data to read"

it appears repeatedly with different tickers in the '(ticker) Default' part of the error.

What does this error mean? How can I fix it?

Thanks!
    Protis

Hello Protis,

Who are you connected to? This is displayed by green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.

Also, what interval is selected for this instrument? For example 1 minute, 150 Tick

Are you able to bring up the "SAI" on a chart?
    JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I am connected to Kinetick, the free daily EOD data.

I can see that it is green and connected in the bottom-left of the window.

I am using daily data. My strategy only uses SP500 stocks.

I will try to bring up the SAI chart, but again, it gives me this error many times, each for a different ticker, so it seems there is a data issue with many stocks.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks!
      Protis

Comment

I can't open charts either, get same error....

Comment

Hello Protis,

Thanks for that information. I am able to get the "SAI" using the Kinetick - End of Day(Free) without an error.

Can you make sure you are on the current version of NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.18 and reset our instruments to try to resolve this error. You may check what version under Help -> About (Example: 7.0.1000.X)

To reset your instruments please: go to the Tools menu, select the Options menu item, select the Data tab, and then click on 'Reset Instruments'.

This should resolve the error message from coming up but I am only seeing about 10 days of data. It appears that it stopped trading since September 27th 2013.

With that being the case currently, you may want to try to use Google Data.

The following link will take you to a page that details the steps required for creating a connection to Google.

Click here to take me to the Google Connection Guide
          JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I am following your suggested Google proc with NT 7.0.1000.25. wht is 60 sec option in second dialog of connection ? does that mean intraday 1min or so selectable data ?

I tried AXISBANK for Google connection and getting the same error. shows
            error on loading chart data for 'AXISBANK Default': ...

happens same with few more NSE instruments I tried (alrdy reset instruments)

wht is this "Default" being added with all the instrument names ?
            i tried to change exchange names assigned to each of those instruments I tried but didnt work
            (no offense but NT hav a bit difficult process of managing instruments compared to other platforms, a week after installation of NT7 still I am not confident with it)

NT also lacks ability to bulk selection and change of instruments properties(a check box shd b there with each instrument so that it can b included to apply the changes being applied to one insturment)

Comment

Hello rctrading,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader Support Forum!

You can take a look at the video at the following link for setting up Google and Yahoo instruments: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqbpZE2hQB0

For information on the Instrument Manager please take a look at the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...nt_manager.htm

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by NRITV, Today, 01:15 PM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NRITV
              by NRITV

Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
              7 responses
              0 likes