Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

printing charts on legal size paper supported?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

printing charts on legal size paper supported?

Often, I want to be able to see a large amount of data points that shows on a Ninja chart but often have to print these on two or three letter (A4) size papers; does Ninja trader support printing on legal size paper so longer charts are printed on only one legal piece of paper?

Hello davicventures,

Thank you for your post.

I am currently looking into this matter, and I will post an update to this thread once I have found a solution for you.
    Tyler G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello davicventures,

It is possible to print on legal sized paper. Print your chart by right clicking in the chart background, and selecting Image -> Print. In the "Print" window which opens, select your printer, and click "Preferences".

In the "Printing Preferences" window that opens, select "Legal" from the "Size Is" drop down menu, and click "OK". Then click "Print" to print the document.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.
      Tyler G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Printing multipage charts

Along the same line of questioning, I have charts that span multiple "pages". When I print, I only get a screenshot print for each page and have to page-down through all 20 or 30 pages to print out the chart. Is there a way through .net or ninjascript where I can simply print the entire chart which may span mulitple pages, not a screenshot?

Thanks for any guidance you can provide.

Comment

Hello mgin98,

Thank you for the follow up.

I am not familiar with a way to accomplish this task with .NET although you may be able to custom program an item in C# with NinjaScript:

If you would like to take on learning NinjaScript on your own, we have a fully documented help guide which will help you get started with Ninja Script. You will find language references to all of the methods and functions you will be using. You will also see a tutorial section which will help you create your first indicator and get you started with some of these concepts.
          A link to our Help Guide can be found below:

I am also linking you to the Educational Resources section of the Help Guide to help you get started with NinjaScript:

You will find Reference Samples online as well as some Tips and Tricks for both indicators and strategies:
          Ryan L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Ryan, I am versed in Ninjascript as well as .net. I'm assuming NT is using the System.Printing namespace in .net, I just didn't know if there were undocumented NT classes for working with the chart printing and page-down chart manipulation I could explore to come up with something simple like Pagedown().PrintToFile or similar. It appears NT is using the built-in print functionality of Windows and does not have any additional features specific to printing charts such as what I'm inquiring about. If you can confirm this, I will look into .net to see if its worth the effort. Thanks.

Comment

Hello mgin98,

Thank you for the follow up.

After checking with development it was confirmed that these .NET methods are not directly supported although you can add in any .NET functionality on your end.
              Ryan L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by timmbbo, Today, 08:59 AM
              0 responses
              1 view
              0 likes
              Last Post timmbbo
              by timmbbo

Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM