• Show
Clear All

Issue Saving Workspace

Hello,
    I follow this method in trying to save my workspace:

Open New Worspace
    Open Relevant Graph
    Save workspace as

When i try to access the workspace, no graph comes up! But apparently the workspace is open in the background.

Kindly facilitate.

Regards,
    ADnan

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us to report the issue.

Please create a new workspace (File > Workspaces > New Workspace) then add a new chart and see if you're able to recreate this behavior when saving.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,
      Well thats what i had done and i did it again. I followed the following steps:
      Created a New workspace
      Added a new chart to it
      And then saved the work space

When i went again and opened the workspace, i did see the name of the workspace that had been created. Upon double clicking it for it to appear, nothing appeared.

Regards,
      Adnan

Comment

Hello Adnan,

Can you please go to Control Center-->File-->Workspaces and check what workspaces are listed below 'Save Workspace As'. These are the workspaces that you have opened. The workspace with the checkmark is displayed on your monitor(s). Could it be another workspace has the checkmark? If so, please select the workspace in question and check if the chart will appear. If you do not see it on your monitor, please check if the chart is listed in the Windows task bar.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Jason,
          Currently i have 3 workspaces after running trials earlier, and then deleting them. I understand that the workspace that is opened is the one with the check mark and it shows in the windows task bar. However, even though the workspace may show on the windows task bar, the chart associated with the workspace is not showing up. ?

Comment

If the workspace name is listed, but no charts exist in that workspace, the workspace was saved empty with the charts closed down.

Do you have any backups of the workspace that you would have completed? They would be saved in (My) Documents--> NinjaTrader Backups.

If not, you may try restoring a previous version of a workspace by doing the following:

Shut down NinjaTrader
            Navigate to (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\workspaces
            Locate the file name of the workspace in question
            Right click on this file and select "Propertes"

From the properties menu, you may have a tab that says "Previous Versions".

Please check for any system restore points form Windows Backup that might have previous versions of this file available for you.

More information on this windows feature can be found below:

Find help and how-to articles for Windows operating systems. Get support for Windows and learn about installation, updates, privacy, security and more.

If that does not work, you will need to rebuild your workspace.

Please make sure you are taking care to shut down your workspace by going to File--> Exit and then Save Workspace As.

A common error is closing all of your windows by right clicking on the Windows Task bar and selecting "Close all windows" in attempt to shut down NinjaTrader. This will shut down all of your charts and then when prompted to save your workspace, the charts will be closed and thus results in a workspace without the charts you setup.
            MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Hello Mathew,
              Thanks for the input.

Yes I was saving when the workspace was not present in the background or had been closed.

Will be more careful and will review some relevant back up process for the future if this error ever crops up again.

regards,
              Adnan

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
              47 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post aligator  
              Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
              0 responses