problems charting 2 instruments on same chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

problems charting 2 instruments on same chart

When I chart say, DJIA, and underneath I want to add NYSE up volume (UVOL), it corrupts the dates of the candles. Today's candles are now shown as January 6th, not 3rd. I have experimented with various session templates but not to avail. Any ideas?

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Can you please tell me what time interval chart you are loading when this occurs and what data provider you are connected to so I may look into the issue further.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks. Daily charts with Kinetick real time.

Comment

I have tested this on my end and was unable to reproduce what you have described. Can you please right click within your chart and select "Reload all historical data".

If the issue persists please use the steps I have provided below to delete your historical data:
        • Close NinjaTrader
        • Documents
        • NinjaTrader 7
        • Open the db folder
        • Delete the cache and day folders

Next with NinjaTrader still closed please sync your PC clock by double clicking on the clock in the lower right corner of your desktop. Once you have done that, click on Internet Time tab-->Change Settings-->Select time.nist.gov from the drop down menu and then click Update.

After this has completed please open NinjaTrader-->Connect then open a new chart and let me know if the issue persists.

Comment

I've followed your instructions to the letter and I'm still getting today's bar dated 01/06/14.

The DJIA graphs fine until I add another symbol underneath, Can you tell me what session templates you're using -I've used instrument settings.

Comment

I am using "Use instrument settings". Can you tell me what time zone your PC clock is set to.

Comment

I'm in London so it's set to "UTC Dublin Edinburgh Lisbon London".

Comment

This appears to be due to the time zone and when the session will end. Can you please set the Session Template to "US Equities RTH".

If the issue persist please close NinjaTrader-->Set your local PC clock time zone to (Eastern Time (US & Canada)-->Sync the PC.

Next open NinjaTrader-->Set the Session Template to "Use instrument settings" and let me know if the issue persists.

Comment

Okay, tried all of that. As soon as I try to graph any equity or index as a second symbol, all of the dates become corrupted and today's date becomes tomorrow. I've also got blank spaces the width of candle where public holidays are.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Sparkyboy; 01-03-2014, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Please send a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with "ATTN: Chris Jameson" in the subject line.

In the message, please include the following:
                    1.) A link to this forum thread.
                    2.) Your most current trace and log files.

You will find the file here: My Documents > NinjaTrader 7-> Trace > trace.YYYYMMDD.txt

Log file will be located by going to Documents->NinjaTrader 7->Log->log.YYYYMMDD.txt

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by jpapa, Today, 07:22 AM
                    1 response
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                    Started by kevinenergy, 02-17-2023, 12:42 PM
                    116 responses
                    1 like