Chart problems with Session Times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart problems with Session Times

When I plot charts NT7 I must set the Session Templates to different sessions for my daily, weekly, monthly charts which I must use Default24/7, compared to my intraday volume charts which I must use CMEFuturesETH. My daily charts show a price bar at regular intervals as an open/close/high/low all the same even when I use the Default 24/7 but at least the Default 24/7 setting allows for slightly better accuracy when adding indicators. It is the inclusion of these occassional flat daily bars that throws off the calulations. Similarly when I plot intraday charts with indicators, unless I use the CMEFuturesETH setting my indicators will not plot accurately. I have compared this to other ninja users and they are not experiencing these charting problems. Any suggestions?

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Because sessions for daily bars are set at the server level changing the Session Template setting of a daily chart would not result in changes to the bars open and close times. Due to this, I would recommend that you move to a 1440 minute chart as it would be possible to change bar open/close times with the Session Template property when using intraday data.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you Kyle. I was unclear in my post as I reread it because I am already using 1440 minute bars with Default 24/7, although I have tried all different Session Template options with no difference. To try to be more clear, my 1440minute bars plot as a blob when they should not. For example, when Friday January 3 closed, the very next morning showed a bar on Saturday that was a blob = O/H/L/C all identical essentially created a flat line for daily price action. One thing is that there should be no bar plotting for Saturday on the NQ, but also when I go back in time for each day, there are frequent instances of these horizontal lines for various price bar, generally about a couple of times each month. So I don't understand why the data will even plot anything like this, especially on a weekend. Again it makes no difference if I go to Default 24/5, or CMEIndexFuturesETH and so on. However, the most recent "blob" will disappear sometimes when I ReloadallHistorical Data, but not necessarily consistently. At a loss because obviously there are bars/blobs/flat lines that should not be appearing at all let alone frequently which affects the plotting of indicators on intraday charts. If you or anyone has anymore thoughts please let me know. Thanks once again.

Comment

Hello,

Please contact me at Support AT NinjaTrader DOT com.

In your message, please include a link to this forum thread, your phone number and a time Monday when we can reach you by phone.

Thank you.
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by funk10101, Today, 09:43 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post funk10101  
        Started by pkefal, 04-11-2024, 07:39 AM
        11 responses