No Replay Data Available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Replay Data Available

I have attempted to download half a dozen popular FX contracts via Market Replay (EURUSD and others) and every single time I get an alert stating that the data is not available. We are talking data from the last week. What's going on?
    Last edited by molecool; 01-05-2014, 03:51 PM.

Hey mole,

I believe there's been an issue with a variety of playback files from the Ninja servers over the past few weeks. Ninja support is aware of the problem and working to correct it. Not sure from what I've read whether or not missing data will or will not be replaced.

Comment

Hello molecool,

Thank you for your post.

Please contact me at Support AT NinjaTrader DOT com with a link to this forum thread and the specific dates/instruments you find to be unavailable. This likely relates to the issue which coolmoss is referring to however I do want to make sure that your specific report is taken.
      KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Done.

So basically this is broken and nothing has been fixed since???

Comment

Is there an ETA on finally getting Market Replay fixed?

Comment

Hello molecool,

Thank you for the follow up.

As this Market Replay data is currently unavailable, we currently do not have an ETA on when it would be restored and we are looking into and hoping to have this data available as soon as possible.
            Ryan L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

It's three weeks later and Market Replay is STILL broken? WHY is this not fixed at this point?
              Last edited by molecool; 01-30-2014, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Hello molecool,

Thank you for the follow up.

What instrument and date are you attempting to download from the Market Replay server?
                Ryan L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I'm getting the same error for any instrument I am trying to download. Not sure if you are aware but this has been broken for two months now.

Comment

Originally posted by molecool View Post
                    I'm getting the same error for any instrument I am trying to download. Not sure if you are aware but this has been broken for two months now.
                    The Futures replay data is still available. The issues with the replay servers have only impacted our ability to record Forex. We do not have a timeline for when this data will be available in the future, but I can assure you are server teams are doing everything in their scope to restore this functionality.
                    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Matthew View Post
                      The Futures replay data is still available. The issues with the replay servers have only impacted our ability to record Forex. We do not have a timeline for when this data will be available in the future, but I can assure you are server teams are doing everything in their scope to restore this functionality.
                      That is very disappointing.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Matthew View Post
                        Problem is not only Forex. The following futures contracts 6E 03-14, ES 03-14 and YM 03-14 downloaded for 20140131 result in very small files on the order of 50 KB and replay runs out of data long before session end.

Comment

Originally posted by tradesmart View Post
                          Problem is not only Forex. The following futures contracts 6E 03-14, ES 03-14 and YM 03-14 downloaded for 20140131 result in very small files on the order of 50 KB and replay runs out of data long before session end.
                          At least you're getting something - I don't get anything on my end. I'm thinking of turning 'record market data' on and putting everything I usually trade on a grid. The only problem I'm worried about is that the DB may blow up huge and NT starts getting bogged down. I did ask support if that was a problem and they said no. However that contradicts my own experiences in the past - I repeatedly ran into DB corruption issues in the past few years and had to clear out the db direction to make it work again.

So we're screwed either way. MR is a big helper for me as I need to test various strategies in context with each other during simulated live tape.

Comment

Having the same issues with CL. Only partial data being downloaded for Market Replay

Comment

Originally posted by tradesmart View Post
                              We've tested the period you mentioned and are unable to reproduce. We could replay data up to the end of session and do not detect any gaps in data for these instruments.

There was maintence done over the weekend which may have contributed to your ability to download a full day. Please re-try these dates and let us know if you experience any incomplete dates and we'll be happy to look into your report further.
                              MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post DynamicTest  
                              Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes