Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Mirus, we DEMAND you come here and answer questions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mirus, we DEMAND you come here and answer questions!

When the connection problems first started happening Mirus neither accepted the widespread problems nor apologised for them. It was only when we demanded it here that they slowly swung into action and issued an apology.

This time we deserve more than an apology, surely!

The least Mirus can do is sign up for the forum and answer questions directly rather than hiding behind the skirts of NinjaTrader and restricting us to the odd dribble of information fed to us through NinjaTrader staff.

NinjaTrader, we appreciate your help, but we would rather Mirus came here and took questions themselves. (And please don't delete this thread or merge it!)

Folk, if you demand some answers from Mirus and want them to come here where we can grill them on likely resolutions to the connection issues, hit Thanks or post in this thread, please.

It is now more than obvious that Mirus won't get their act together anytime soon.
    I demand that they step up and finally tell us the truth about what's really going on, instead of giving us worthless updates full of false promises.

I think it's safe to say that many traders already have left or are in the process of leaving Mirus, but for the rest it is the absolute minimum that we hear the truth. No more hiding, no more false promises, just tell us exactly what's going on. This is your only and final chance to maybe recover from this debacle.

Comment

It's not just Mirus . . . It's ZenFire.

I have an account with Dorman that uses ZenFire and it has been just as inaccessible.

I agree the Brokers should step-up but, truthfully, they have absolutely NO IDEA when the problems will be fixed and are trying to stall. If Mirus says, "We have no idea when you can trade again," what will happen? Most (90%+) will take their accounts elsewhere.

So they stall and anger their clients and hope the stalling results in less than a 90%+ loss of accounts.

Comment

I have an account with Dorman and it is exactly as you say Chartsky, the issue appears to be ZenFire. I cannot connect and my broker advises they cannot see pending orders on my account but to "call back when the market hits the level my orders are at".... Like I can know when I cant get live data feed?

Comment

I've just called Mirus tradedesk to cancel 2 limit orders I placed on 6E at 8.00 am UK time. They said there were no orders showing and my account is flat but I'm concerned that those orders are still sitting on the exchange with no way for me to cancel them or exit them if they get triggered. Luckily 6E and EURUSD are around the same price so I've set alerts on a forex platform when those levels are reached. Oh and the grumpy guy on the Mirus trade desk said he had "no idea" when the data would be restored.

Comment

Originally posted by Chartsky View Post
            Maybe I'm still confused about all the relationships and cross-relationships.... but my broker is RCG. Is Mirus ALSO my broker, then? Why do I need two brokers?

When I first signed up I was told that ZenFire was the data provider. Then it turned out it was also a routing engine for the orders. OK, so ZenFire provides data and routes my trades to RCG. So what's Mirus doing? Are they just IBs for RCG?

Anybody?
            Last edited by Instamess; 01-06-2014, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Instamess View Post
              Maybe I'm still confused about all the relationships and cross-relationships.... but my broker is RCG. Is Mirus ALSO my broker, then? Why do I need two brokers?

When I first signed up I was told that ZenFire was the data provider. Then it turned out it was also a routing engine for the orders. OK, so ZenFire provides data and routes my trades to RCG. So what's Mirus doing? Are they just IBs for RCG?

Anybody?
              RCG is not your broker, it's your clearing firm. To best of my knowledge they are simple an introducing broker.

Comment

So we need a clearing firm in addition to a broker? What are the respective jobs of brokers and clearing firms? Anyone has a link to any page that explains all of this?

In the world of MT4 that I used to use before NT, it was simple - you opened an account with a broker and got the charting software for free and .... that was it. No other parties involved.

This is unnecessarily confusing. Maybe there's a market for someone to make it simple - provide everything in one package with only one party to contact should anything go wrong.

Comment

Maybe look at the CME Group website?

So we need a clearing firm in addition to a broker? What are the respective jobs of brokers and clearing firms? Anyone has a link to any page that explains all of this?

In the world of MT4 that I used to use before NT, it was simple - you opened an account with a broker and got the charting software for free and .... that was it. No other parties involved.

This is unnecessarily confusing. Maybe there's a market for someone to make it simple - provide everything in one package with only one party to contact should anything go wrong.

Comment

Mirus is Zenfire now.

All Dorman accounts now use Mirus ZenFire feed. You were converted from rithmic ZenFire feed as they have parted ways with ZenFire.

I have an account with Dorman that uses ZenFire and it has been just as inaccessible.

I agree the Brokers should step-up but, truthfully, they have absolutely NO IDEA when the problems will be fixed and are trying to stall. If Mirus says, "We have no idea when you can trade again," what will happen? Most (90%+) will take their accounts elsewhere.

So they stall and anger their clients and hope the stalling results in less than a 90%+ loss of accounts.

Comment

Maybe look at the CME Group website?
                      Thanks, but I couldn't find anything on the CME site explaining the issue. Did find this elsewhere for anyone else who's interested.

Comment

Mirus is a small IB, Rosenthal Collins is 19th largest clearing firm with customer equity held of 1.4 billion....who would you rather hold your funds?

Comment

Account Withdrawal from Mirus/RCG

I tried to withdraw funds by wire from my Mirus/RCG account this morning by sending them the online withdrawal request. But it didn't go through. I should have checked on this earlier with all the problems involved. And I guess I should have just called them. Oh, well. I talked to Brian just now at the Emergency Trade Desk, but the banking people are gone for the day and he couldn't even check himself as the system is down. Did anyone else have this happen to them or was anyone else successful in withdrawing funds? Thanks.

Comment

Finally a little progress (maybe):

NinjaTrader offers exclusive software for futures trading. With our modern trading platform, you will control every step of your trading journey. Open account to trade futures with us!

Mirus Futures Client Update
                            January 6th, 2014 - 8:00 pm CT (9:00 pm ET)

Dear Traders,

The stability of your trading solution remains our number one priority. Following the ZenFire service interruptions experienced over the past week, we want to ensure you have additional options to trade your account.

We are currently exploring multiple solutions for our traders and expect to have an update on an alternative connection within 24 to 48 hours.

In addition, you can transition your current Mirus account to an interim trading solution based on your FCM.

To start your transition, please contact your broker here at Mirus or Mirus Support at 312.262.1288 to discuss the connectivity options currently available.

Thank you again for your continued patience.

Comment

Originally posted by willehm View Post
                              Finally a little progress (maybe):

NinjaTrader offers exclusive software for futures trading. With our modern trading platform, you will control every step of your trading journey. Open account to trade futures with us!

Mirus Futures Client Update
                              January 6th, 2014 - 8:00 pm CT (9:00 pm ET)

Dear Traders,

The stability of your trading solution remains our number one priority. Following the ZenFire service interruptions experienced over the past week, we want to ensure you have additional options to trade your account.

We are currently exploring multiple solutions for our traders and expect to have an update on an alternative connection within 24 to 48 hours.

In addition, you can transition your current Mirus account to an interim trading solution based on your FCM.

To start your transition, please contact your broker here at Mirus or Mirus Support at 312.262.1288 to discuss the connectivity options currently available.

Thank you again for your continued patience.

Interesting. I was just going to post an update to this on Facebook, in the Computer Information Systems group, that they seemed to remain in the denial state. The state where you feel, or are portraying, that the problems aren't that big of a deal and will be solved any time now. Which obviously to anyone paying attention is not the case.

One reason that they aren't offering CQG as an alternative is probably the Ninja CQG connections all go through AMP, as Ray has stated, and AMP is Mirus' biggest competitor.
                              Last edited by bce111; 01-06-2014, 08:25 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by gbourque, Today, 06:39 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post gbourque  
                              Started by cmtjoancolmenero, Yesterday, 03:58 PM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby