Data feed from different accounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Data feed from different accounts

If I were to get a limited account thru Kinetick, say with futures data only, and I also had an account thru IB broker. If I connected with Kinetick first and then connected secondary to IB brokers. Will ninjatrader be able to route data from IB Brokers for such feeds as stock data and or any data that it cant pull from Kinetic?

I want unfiltered data for all my futures but don't need it for stock data. And since IB has stock data included with the account there is no reason to pay for it thru Kinetic so that is why I am asking.
    Last edited by markus3500; 01-06-2014, 04:10 PM.

I have a Zenfire connection for futures and an FXCM feed for forex and I have no problems (apart from the Zenfire issues reported elsewhere on the forum). You'll just have to make sure you select the correct futures symbol in your instrument manager to make sure you're getting Kinetic futures rather than IB. I have the Zenfire feed connecting automatically on startupup and then manually connect the FXCM one.

Comment

Originally posted by sean003.5 View Post
      I have a Zenfire connection for futures and an FXCM feed for forex and I have no problems (apart from the Zenfire issues reported elsewhere on the forum). You'll just have to make sure you select the correct futures symbol in your instrument manager to make sure you're getting Kinetic futures rather than IB. I have the Zenfire feed connecting automatically on startupup and then manually connect the FXCM one.

I believe that's because zenfire doesn't offer forex so it finds an alt route. Kinetick does offer stock feeds.. even if you don't subscribe

Hope that cust serv can confirm this
      Last edited by markus3500; 01-06-2014, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Hello markus3500,

Thank you for your post.

When you are connecting to multiple data providers, NinjaTrader will look for market data on the basis of instrument type. Since Kinetick and Interactive Brokers both support stocks and futures data, NinjaTrader will only use your primary connection for real-time data when you are connecting to both of these feeds. So if you connect to Kinetick first and Interactive Brokers second, NinjaTrader will use Kinetick for real-time data all instrument types, even if stock data is delayed with your Kinetick subscription. You can find more information on working with multiple data connections at the following link:
        If you would like to trade stocks with Interactive Brokers and utilize the unfiltered futures data from Kinetick, you will also want to include real-time stock data with your Kinetick subscription.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

This to me, basically negate any advantage of the so-called 'multi-broker' license.
          Let's say I have CQG with US and Eurex and IB for Asia trade like SGX and Hang Seng.
          In order to do program trading, you are better off with two machines and two licenses because a single mullti-broker license just don't work! No matter which one you choose as the primary, you'll never be able to see the symbols unique to the second account.

Comment

Do any of the support staff know where the table is, in the NT7 help manual I believe it was, that shows the different brokers, data feeds, and what's traceable - stocks, futures, etc. Someone posted a link before but I can't find it. Thanks.

Comment

Hello bce111,

Thank you for your post.

You may view a list of NinjaTrader's supported data providers and the types of real-time and historical data that they offer at the following link under the section "Understanding the data provided by your connectivity provider":

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherD View Post
                Hello bce111,

Thank you for your post.

You may view a list of NinjaTrader's supported data providers and the types of real-time and historical data that they offer at the following link under the section "Understanding the data provided by your connectivity provider":

Thanks, Christopher. That's what I was looking for. Appreciate your help. Hope your evening's going well.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by rtwave, 04-12-2024, 09:30 AM
                5 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                Started by funk10101, Today, 12:02 AM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH