could mirus go bust over this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

could mirus go bust over this?

I'm not trading at the moment so the current connectivity issues are not causing me problems - sorry for all of you who are affected tho! I an a little concerned though that my funds with Mirus may not be safe. If they don't get this fixed soon or their solution is no longer robust then I would imaging the damage to the firm would be immense.

Is my account safely ring fenced by RCG or could I lose my funds? Would it be better to switch brokers now even though I'm not currently trading my account?

thanks

Originally posted by ninjauser View Post
    I'm not trading at the moment so the current connectivity issues are not causing me problems - sorry for all of you who are affected tho! I an a little concerned though that my funds with Mirus may not be safe. If they don't get this fixed soon or their solution is no longer robust then I would imaging the damage to the firm would be immense.

Is my account safely ring fenced by RCG or could I lose my funds? Would it be better to switch brokers now even though I'm not currently trading my account?

thanks
    I'm not an expert on this, but here are my two cents:

"Is my account safely ring fenced by RCG or could I lose my funds":
    Your account is probably safe, as it "sits" with RCG and not with Mirus directly.

"Would it be better to switch brokers?"
    Let me answer this with my own example. I've been a happy Mirus customer for years, but the way this whole thing was handled is pretty shocking and made me lose trust in them. That's why I chose to close my account. Other, bigger brokerages are only marginally more expensive, but offer a choice of different platforms and data feed providers, which minimises the risk of a similar problem happening again.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Irukandji, Today, 04:58 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Irukandji  
    Started by fitspressoburnfat, Today, 04:25 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post fitspressoburnfat