Unable to see any chart, just sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to see any chart, just sound

Hi, I had to log off from the platform and then when I open it again, I cant see the chart or any windows openes, I just hear the sound of connecting and that's it. Ive noticed that if I restart my computer and open the Ninja platform again it opens withjout a problem, but if I have to log off and then open it againg without restarting, I cant see any windows. I checked my windoes task manager and it doesnt show that the software is running, but if I try to open it again it shoes a warning message that the software can be opened just once. Please help me fix this. Thanks

Hi Snatch,

Thanks for writing in today.

Who is your primary connection to? (Broker / data feed)

Do you have Connect on startup set for that connection?
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Chelsea, its a CQG live demo, yes its starts up and connects automatically. Thanks

Comment

Hello Snatch,

Thank you for that information.

When you mention that you "log off from the platform" are you shutting down NinjaTrader or just disconnecting from CQG?

It sounds as if there may be a script that is preventing NinjaTrader from fully closing. I would like you to check to see if the process for NinjaTrader is still running in the Windows Task Manager under the Processes tab.
        • Right-click the Windows Task Bar -> select (Start) Task Manager
        • Select the Processes tab -> click the Image Name column head to sort by name

Please let me know if you are seeing NinjaTrader.exe listed here after attempting to shutdown NinjaTrader.

Comment

yes, I am closing fully the application by clicking the red x button on the upper corner of the control center window, savibng all changes. Not only disconnecting. Yes I can see the NinjaTrader.exe image under the processes tab. I have selected and ended the process and then tried to open Ninja Trader again but same thing is happening, i can see the connection bell but not the charts or the control center. thanks

Comment

Hello Snatch,

Thanks for confirming that.

I would like to try your connection here on my end.

Please send me your configuration to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. In the body of the email please write Attn: Chelsea #985422. Also please include a link to the forum thread.

You will find your NinjaTrader configuration file in the following directory:
            • (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\config.xml

Do not post your config.xml file or any other personal information on this forum.

Comment

Hi Celsea, I cant download the Config file you sent me for some reason, I dont know if its on my end but I cant. Can you send it to me again?

Comment

Hello Snatch,

I am requesting that you send me your configuration file so that I may test your connection on my end.

There is not a file attached to my post. This file will be located on your computer in the following folder.
                • (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\config.xml

Also, I am asking that you send this to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com and that you do not post this file to this forum.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post Christopher_R  
                Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
                166 responses
                0 likes