Switching from the Mirus Version of NT to the AMP Version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Switching from the Mirus Version of NT to the AMP Version

I talked to AMP yesterday via Live Chat and they confirmed I have an account open there although I never funded it. They gave me a link to download NinjaTrader and some login and password info to demo it. I've been using NT for several years through Mirus and have the latest version, R18. What I'm wondering about is how to switch to whatever version AMP is using and still keep my personal info from the version I have now. When I would do an upgrade previously I would save the charting info, account info, trace and log files, etc. and just paste them back into the appropriate folders once the installation of the latest version of NT was complete. Thanks very much. BTW do you know which version AMP is using? I'll connect through CQG which they already told me how to set up.

Customer Support at AMP this morning said they are currently using v16 of NinjaTrader.

Comment

Hello bce111,

You can connect to CQG using NinjaTrader 7 release 18.

You will not need to install another version of NinjaTrader to connect to CQG.
      Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherS View Post
        Hello bce111,

You can connect to CQG using NinjaTrader 7 release 18.

You will not need to install another version of NinjaTrader to connect to CQG.
        Thanks. Understandably I'm a little reluctant to use R18 at this point although I heard from the support staff here it works fine with CQG. I guess all the problems have been with the Zen-Fire connection.

Two questions.
        1. Are any traders here using R18 with CQG? Not asking you Christopher but someone who is actually using it with CQG.
        2. If I did want to switch to a previous version how would I save my personal info like charts, trades data, etc.?

Thanks.

Comment

Hello bce111,

In regards to question 2:

To downgrade NinjaTrader, please follow the steps listed below to uninstall and reinstall NinjaTrader, you will not lose any settings with these steps:

In NinjaTrader go to Help > License Key and copy your license key.

Close all running applications.
          Then from the Start menu select --> Control Panel --> Add and Remove Programs.

From Add and Remove Programs select NinjaTrader 7 and click Remove.

Once these steps are completed, download NT7 from the link below, you will need to enter in your license key to get to the downloads page:
          Download

The files where settings, workspaces and data is stored is not impacted by this process.

Comment

I just live chatted with Max in tech support at AMP and he agreed with you that R18 with CQG is fine now once one issue was resolved by you guys. Thanks, Christopher for your help. Appreciated.

Comment

How would I change to a different license key for NT? I have NT R18 installed but as that account is no longer funded I can't log in to the server. Do I have to uninstall NT and re-install it? I'm just going to use a demo version for now to check out the CQG feed.

Later in the week I'll maybe install NT R19 and check the Rithmic connection.
              Last edited by bce111; 01-08-2014, 10:17 AM.

Comment

Hello bce111,

If you would like to convert your license key to a different connectivity provider, please send a note to Support[At]NinjaTrader[Dot]Com with your license key. Please include who you want to convert your license key to.

You can enter in a license key in NinjaTrader by going to Help > License Key. You will need to restart NinjaTrader for the changes to take place.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherS View Post
                  Hello bce111,

If you would like to convert your license key to a different connectivity provider, please send a note to Support[At]NinjaTrader[Dot]Com with your license key. Please include who you want to convert your license key to.

You can enter in a license key in NinjaTrader by going to Help > License Key. You will need to restart NinjaTrader for the changes to take place.
                  Okay. Thanks. So I don't need to re-install it? How do I get the old license key out of NT?

Comment

Hello bce111,

You do not need to uninstall NinjaTrader to enter in a new license key.

By going to Help > License Key, and entering in the license key, the old license key will be replaced with the one you entered in.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by ftsc2022, 10-25-2022, 12:03 PM
                    5 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post KeyonMatthews  
                    Started by ScottW, Today, 06:09 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes