Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Workspace and templete automatically evry 3 monts

Hola

Every 3 months, when the future change, we should upload all the template and workspace with new chart of the future....is possible to do in quickly and automatically?

i use like 6 charts with difference template and time frame so i would do that so faster if it possible is wasting of time

Many thanks

Hello Amarillo,

Thank you for your post.

There is a period prior to the contract settlement where trading is active on both the contract about to expire, and the next contract expiry, so rolling over the contract is done at the trader's discretion. For this reason, NinjaTrader does not have the ability to automatically rollover futures contracts.

To rollover a futures contract:

*From within the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools -> Instrument Manager
    *Highlight the contract you wish to rollover in the left side of the Instrument Manager window (your Default instrument list)
    *Press the ">" button (the instrument will disappear from the list)
    *Press the "<" button and the instrument should re-appear with the front month expiration date

If you have all of your instruments added to an Instrument List, this is a very quick process. You will need to select the new contract in each of your charts, and save your workspace once you have rolled these contracts over.

Please let me know if I can provide any further assistance.
    Tyler G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

...very thanks i miss the second part to chose from chart....is possible to delete instrument in the Instrument Manager window (your Default instrument list) ??

Comment

Hello Amarillo,

To remove an instrument from an Instrument List, select the Instrument List from the drop down menu at the upper left of the Instrument Manager. Then, select the instrument from the list at the left side of the Instrument Manager, and click the right arrow button (found below the search results area).

You can delete an instrument from the Instrument Manager by selecting it from the search results area, and clicking "Delete". Note that this will remove the instrument from NinjaTrader entirely.

Please let me know if I can further assist.

Comment

i dunnu understand corretly http://clip2net.com/s/6xUYcN i mean this to eliminate the old contract to leave just the new roll over

Comment

Hello Amarillo,

To remove an old futures contract from an Instrument List, open the Instrument Manager (Control Center -> Tools -> Instrument Manager).

Select the instrument from the Instrument List at the left. Then click the right arrow button, which is found beneath the search results in this window.

I made a short video to demonstrate this:

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

Please let me know if I can further assist you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post algospoke  
            Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
            3 responses
            0 likes