NT7 Scalability Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT7 Scalability Issue

I have about 48 NT7 charts up simultaneously with multiple custom studies in each. I am using only 13% cpu and 4% of available ram with NT7 as its the primary only software running. The issue is that the performance of NT7 is extremely poor. Updating data everyfew minutes on a very low latency datafeed. I am wondering if there is anything I can do to get more performance out of NT7 of find the cause of the extremely low performance.

In my trace log I see this.
    2014-01-09 16:17:25:755 UI (re)load complete, took 446.3 secs, 1555.4 secs after app start
    Last edited by heikenashi; 01-09-2014, 12:02 PM.

Hello heikenashi,

NinjaTrader does not limit you on how many charts that you can have open at once. With that said, it is typically how many and how the indicators are programmed that will determine the performance of your computer.

The NinjaScript files and the GUI will be using the same thread so looking at your CPU performance as a whole would not help but if you see one thread maxed out you can see if your NinjaScript files are doing many different calculations.

I'm including some of our Performance Tips to help reduce the memory and CPU foot print in NinjaTrader:

Hidden Workspaces

* Hidden workspaces consume CPU cycles so check under File > Workspaces to see all of the workspaces that are open and close any that you seldom or never use.

Chart Performance Tips

* Set chart indicators "Calculate on bar close" property to a value of 'True'
    * Increase your chart refresh interval by increasing the value of the chart property "Display update interval (sec)"
    * Reduce the number of bars on your chart (days back or bars back settings under "Format Data Series" dialog window
    * Reduce the number of running indicators
    * If you are running a custom or 3rd party indicator or strategy, remove them to isolate if these custom NinjaScript objects may be a CPU or memory drain

You can read all of our available performance tips from the following link:
    Click here to view the NinjaTrader performance tips

There are a few other thread that you may read about this as well like the following.

Let us know if you have any questions.
    JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by hurleydood, 09-12-2019, 10:45 AM
    14 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Board game geek  
    Started by cre8able, Yesterday, 04:16 PM
    1 response