Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wrong daily data with local Time Zone

Hello,

I've got a problem. I use IBrokers for FX data and always get different daily charts at NT7 and TW 938.1. The last candlesticks are completely different when I'm in my local Time Zone (UTC+4).

But when I use CET time for my PC, the data is OK on both platforms (It's not too convenient to use a PC with 8 hours time difference).

Pics are attached.

I've tried everything (changed TZone and time at the session manager, used Forex and 24/7 templates, made new session templates etc.) but still can't get what am I doing wrong.

Please, help.

Kind regards,

Sergey
    Attached Files

Hello Sergey,

When using daily charts you are forced to use the session template from the data provider itself so changing the Session Template on this chart will not change the data that is coming in. You can however create a 1440 Minute chart which is the same as a daily chart and set its session template so that you may see the range of data that you would like.

I am not sure how IB is displaying their data for the Daily bars in their software, but you will be able to change the session template to get it to match IB's.

For a more information and a workaround to fix this you may view the following forum post.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.
    JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello and thank you for the reply.
      IB is providing FX data at the times stated at NT7's Forex session template. The same template I ise with NT charts.
      The strange thing is that when I use CST time zone for my PC the charts are identical.
      I'll try 1440 min chart. But what about weekly and montly charts? Are they also should be changed to minute ones following your logic?
      Kind regards,
      Sergey

Comment

Hello Sergey,

NinjaTrader charts are based off of your local PC clock but I am not sure what IB Charts are based off of. My guess would be that they maybe using the CST as well.

If you use a Minute base (1440 = 1 Day, 10080 = 1 Week) yes would have to use more minutes to be able to control this.

Happy to be of further assistance.
        JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by JustJoker View Post
          Hello,

I've got a problem. I use IBrokers for FX data and always get different daily charts at NT7 and TW 938.1. The last candlesticks are completely different when I'm in my local Time Zone (UTC+4).

But when I use CET time for my PC, the data is OK on both platforms (It's not too convenient to use a PC with 8 hours time difference).

Pics are attached.

I've tried everything (changed TZone and time at the session manager, used Forex and 24/7 templates, made new session templates etc.) but still can't get what am I doing wrong.

Please, help.

Kind regards,

Sergey
          This is a known problem of the NinjaTrader adapter for Interactive Brokers. Depending on the instrument, you will have that problem if you are located at UTC + 2 hours or further East.

What you can do to solve the problem:

Use daily data from Kinetick EOD instead. First-connect to Kinetick EOD (free) and second-connect to Interactive Brokers. Now your daily data will come from Kinetick and the intraday data from Interactive Brokers.

For FOREX there will be a small difference, as Kinetick does not get data from IdealPro, but from FXCM or Tenfore (depends on the instrument settings). However, the difference will only be one or tow pips, which is good enough for trading,

For futures the Kinetick data is much better than IB data, because Kinetick takes the official data published by the exchange (this includes the settlement price), while IB just takes intraday high, low and last price traded.

Other Options:

If you do not wish to use daily data from Kinetick, you have two other options

-> use 1440 min charts instead of daily charts, for the 1440 min chart use the session template instrument settings to get correct values
          -> set your PC clock to a different timezone (anything UTC + 1 or futher west)

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Rapine Heihei, Today, 08:19 PM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
          Started by Rapine Heihei, Today, 08:25 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Rapine Heihei