Duplicate data in chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duplicate data in chart

Please look at attached chart. Note the labeling on the x-axis. I can't tell what date/time this extraneous data is from. As near I can tell, the chart has all the correct data right up to date, but then has additional duplicate data with the repeating time labels you see in the attachment.This situation occurs very frequently, but not every time a chart loads. It is a much worse problem when changing a current chart as opposed to opening a new chart. The problem only seems to occurr on volume bar charts, which is all I use.

To try and remedy the problem I have tried various combinations of the following: reloading data, changing symbol, changing time frame, deleting chart and opening new chart, closing Ninja and reopening, rebooting computer, deleting data and redownloading. Eventually I can get a chart without the error you see, but I can't seem to notice any consistant answer. It's like if I screw with it long enough the problem temporarily goes away.

I have a great deal of annoattions on my charts, so of course if I have to break down and delete the current chart, I lose all my work. This situation has rendered NT almost useless for me.

I'm currently running 6.5.0.8, but the problem has been present for the last 3 versions, it's just gotten a lot worse recently.

Any ideas?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by coolmoss; 03-16-2008, 02:37 PM.

When you use Volume bars each bar corresponds with your volume. The bars do not correspond with time so time stamping can easily contain "duplicates".
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Josh,

I understand that. That's not what is happening. WHen I fiddle long enough, do enough stuff to "force a change", then the chart gets right. What you think is going on is definitely NOT what is happening.

Let me know what other supporting info you need in the way of screen shots to support this.

Comment

Please first upgrade to 6.5.0.10. What data provider are you using also? Is this a realtime issue, historical data issue, or both?

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
          Please first upgrade to 6.5.0.10. What data provider are you using also? Is this a realtime issue, historical data issue, or both?
          I use Zen, Esignal, and opentick at different times for different purposes. It appears to be a historical data issue. I may not have been clear about how the problem presents itself: the chart will be backfilled right up to the current date and time and then appended after the current date/time is a number of days of "extra" data with every bar being labeled the same time. This has occurred both when connected and not connected to a data source.

I will upgrade after market close tomorrow and report back if/when I have this occurence again.

Thank you for your help.

Comment

Hi coolmoss,

Thank you for the clarification. Can you outline out a set of reproducible steps to encounter this issue? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
              Hi coolmoss,

Thank you for the clarification. Can you outline out a set of reproducible steps to encounter this issue? Thanks.
              Let's say I have a chart open (always a volume bar chart). The phenomenon occurs if I change the volume bar setting (eg. 1000 to 2000), or if I reload the historical data.

The odd thing to me is that sometimes I can completely delete the chart in question, and open a new chart (using the same symbol but not necessarily the same volume setting) and the phenomenon occurrs again on the brand new chart without changing a thing (IOW it opens with the bad data). Pretty consistently I am able to correct the problem by changing the chart to a minute based and then back to volume, but not 100% of the time.

It's as thought there is some sort of data cache outside the chart itself that is holding this incorrect supplemental data.

Hope that helps. This issue is mostly a problem when creating new workspaces, so I'll do a couple today after I install the new version and see what happens.

Thanks.
              Last edited by coolmoss; 03-17-2008, 09:47 AM.

Comment

update

I installed latest beta and restarted NT. The 3 workspaces I normally have open loaded and appeared to be correct in all respects.

THen I connected to Zenfire. The open charts went blank (as they normally do while updating data on new connection) and then as soon as a chart painted on the screen a message window poped up...

Title Bar: Message

"Unable to load chart data. Please retry and report this error to Ninjatrader customer support. Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

The chart did in fact load data, but it also had the "extra" data which is the subject of this thread. As I was trying to catch a screen shot another window popped up...

Title Bar: Error

"Ninjatrader has detected a problem and needs to shut down. In has been written to trace file...."

I sent an email to support via the NT help menu as the error message instructed.

I will await your instructions.

Thanks.

Comment

We fixed some bugs related. Fixes will be available with next update within the next few days.

For now you can work around this problem by deleting your DB file <my documents>/NinjaTrader6.5/db/NinjaTrader.mdb. Note: You'll loose all your historical trade data.

Comment

I've said it before, and I'll say it again...

YOU GUYS ARE INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks so much for your quick, professional, and empathetic help.

Every company in the world should do business like you guys.

Comment

For some reason the aforementioned problem has not presented itself for many days. But now, when I open NT, charts do not open with the same data with which I closed them.

For example, a 5 min ES chart up to date at yesterdays' close, save workspace, close NT. Reopen NT, and none of yesterdays data appears, yet the data series is formatted to display last 3 days data. I have to manually reload historic data in every chart now, every time I open NT.

Could this be related to the above mentioned bugs? If so, any word on when the fixes are to be coming out?

thanks for your assistance

Comment

Coolmoss,

Can you do the following:
                        - Exit NinjaTrader
                        - Go to the windows control panel under add/remove
                        - Locate NinjaTrader and highlight it
                        - Click Change--> Repair
                        - Restart NinjaTrader, connect and bring up your charts

Let me know if this does the trick for you.
                        Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post Christopher_R  
                        Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
                        166 responses
                        0 likes