Unable to connect to CQG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to connect to CQG

Unable to connect to CQG says (no error).
    Unable to connect to NT data server.
    Just before I posted this I also could not connect to NT forum it said no such host is known.
    I can ping the CQG and NT IP from machine.

2014-01-12 23:30:44:887 (Unknown) Cbi.Connection.Connect0 Disconnected assembly=7.0.1000.10 date=1/12/2014
    2014-01-12 23:30:44:887 (Unknown) Cbi.Connection.Connect1
    2014-01-12 23:30:44:933 (AMP) Cbi.Connection.Connect9
    2014-01-12 23:30:45:199 (AMP) Cbi.Connection.ProcessEventArgs.ConnectionStatusEv entArgs Connecting Connecting NoError
    2014-01-12 23:30:45:214 (AMP) Cbi.Connection.ConnectNow1: DataConnection=True
    2014-01-12 23:30:45:214 (AMP) Cbi.Connection.ConnectNow2
    2014-01-12 23:30:45:214 (AMP) Cbi.Connection.ConnectNow.CreateLoader
    2014-01-12 23:30:45:230 Server.Client.Connect
    2014-01-12 23:30:45:245 Server.Client.Loop0-0: DS10.NinjaTrader.com/31654
    2014-01-12 23:30:45:838 Server.Client.Connect
    2014-01-12 23:30:45:838 Server.Client.Loop1-0
    2014-01-12 23:30:45:854 Server.Client.Loop0-0: DS11.NinjaTrader.com/31654
    2014-01-12 23:30:57:944 (AMP) Cbi.Connection.ConnectNow.Connect
    2014-01-12 23:30:57:944 ERROR: Unable to connect to NinjaTrader data server (DS11.NinjaTrader.com/31654): No such host is known
    2014-01-12 23:30:57:944 Server.Client.Close
    2014-01-12 23:30:57:991 (AMP) CQG.Adapter.Connect: user='MyUsername' mode=Live version=4.0.662.0
    2014-01-12 23:31:00:034 (AMP) Cbi.Connection.ConnectNow9 ok
    2014-01-12 23:31:00:050 (AMP) Cbi.ConnectionStatusEventArgs.Process: Connecting Connecting
    2014-01-12 23:31:00:112 (AMP) CQG.Adapter.SessionManagerResponseCallback: connectError='Unable to connect to the remote server.'
    2014-01-12 23:31:00:112 (AMP) CQG.Adapter.Disconnect
    2014-01-12 23:31:00:128 (AMP) CQG.Adapter.Disconnect.Logoff
    2014-01-12 23:31:00:175 (AMP) CQG.Adapter.DisconnectNow
    2014-01-12 23:31:00:175 (AMP) Cbi.Connection.ProcessEventArgs.ConnectionStatusEv entArgs Disconnected Disconnected NoError Unable to connect to the remote server.
    2014-01-12 23:31:00:175 ERROR: AMP: Unable to connect to the remote server.(NoError)
    2014-01-12 23:31:00:190 (AMP) Cbi.ConnectionStatusEventArgs.Process: Disconnected Disconnected
    Last edited by Mike_32; 01-12-2014, 11:41 PM.

Hello Mike_32,

Thank you for reporting this issue.

Please contact me by email at Support AT NinjaTrader DOT com. In the message please include a link to this forum thread and a copy of today's trace file.

The file is located in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder. I would need the 'trace.20140112.txt' file.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
      Hello Mike_32,

Thank you for reporting this issue.

Please contact me by email at Support AT NinjaTrader DOT com. In the message please include a link to this forum thread and a copy of today's trace file.

The file is located in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder. I would need the 'trace.20140112.txt' file.
      I have included the portion of the trace file right here the portion starting and after trying to connect, there is no other information in it about the problem, I see no need to email anyone.
      Why can you not just tell me what is wrong if server is down or something?
      Last edited by Mike_32; 01-13-2014, 12:37 AM.

Comment

I can connect to CQG (via AMP) but the Historical Chart (for all markets) stops at 1800 CET on Friday and starts this Monday morning at 0700 CET. The "Reload All Historical Data" field is grayed out.

Please advise.

Comment

Originally posted by laocoon View Post
          I can connect to CQG (via AMP) but the Historical Chart stops at 1800 CET on Friday and starts this Monday morning at 0700 CET. The "Reload All Historical Data" field is grayed out.

Please advise.
          That is probably the NT histo server having issues.
          I can now connect all the NT guy had to tell me was they were having issues which they obviously are which is fine.
          I get kind of alarmed when this happens because with CQG it hardly ever happens.

Comment

I'm also alarmed because this is my first full trading day with CQG and I can't work now because my charts aren't complete. Back in the days when ZenFire worked, this never happened.

I cannot believe that this new week starts with technical issues AGAIN.

Edit: I just restarted Ninja and now everything is OK. Thanks Kaldo.
            Last edited by laocoon; 01-13-2014, 02:01 AM.

Comment

Guys,

restart your NinjaTrader.

I think NT dataserver are back online again.

Comment

Now, there's another issue: The Connection Window is Orange.
                This was also the case on Friday, on a few occasions.
                I thought CQG was supposed to be extremely stable?

EDIT: Restarting Ninja makes the problem disappear, as the Window is green every time I do this. But this surely can't be the solution...
                Last edited by laocoon; 01-13-2014, 02:43 AM.

Comment

CQG itself is extremely stable in my experience but the problem comes from the histo data servers which belong to ninjatrader. So every time you have problems with historical data it has nothing to do with CQG itself.

I hope ninjatrader will offer a more stable solution concerning historical data with version 8 coming which would be my greatest wish. I do not need another 100 indicators or fancy functions what really matters in a traders day is some reliable market data. If there is no reliable solution coming this year i will consider to switch to another platform (maybe CQG IC or XTrader).

Comment

Originally posted by walter79 View Post
                    CQG itself is extremely stable in my experience but the problem comes from the histo data servers which belong to ninjatrader. So every time you have problems with historical data it has nothing to do with CQG itself.

I hope ninjatrader will offer a more stable solution concerning historical data with version 8 coming which would be my greatest wish. I do not need another 100 indicators or fancy functions what really matters in a traders day is some reliable market data. If there is no reliable solution coming this year i will consider to switch to another platform (maybe CQG IC or XTrader).
                    I second that. I've used CQG for less than two full trading days and the connection status turned Orange more than 5 times.

Comment

There were no technical issues. Our server team performed maintenance on the historical data server that CQG uses, so unfortunately it was unavailable at some times.

The orange connection color indicates you are disconnected to one of the servers of the broker technology connection you use. If you lost connection to the price server, no realtime data will be received anymore. If disconnected from the order server, NinjaTrader will not have access to your trading account and orders cannot be submitted.

If the connection stays in an orange color and does not turn green, I suggest to manually disconnect at Control Center-->File-->Disconnect and subsequently re-connect at Control Center-->File-->Connect.
                      JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I can't connect to CQG via AMP either. I opened a demo account there b/c of the Mirus / Zen Fire issue for my live trading account.

Now both aren't working. Absolutely great!

Comment

Hello Larsieh,

Can you please send me your log and trace files, so I can investigate. Log and trace files can be found at the following locations. Please attach them in the email. You can send the email to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. Please put 'Att Jason, Unable to connect to CQG' in the subject header.

C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->(My) Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Log--> log.20140114 for today. (log.yyyymmdd for any other date)

C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->(My) Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Trace--> trace.20140114 for today. (trace.yyyymmdd for any other date)
                          JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
                            There were no technical issues. Our server team performed maintenance on the historical data server that CQG uses, so unfortunately it was unavailable at some times.

Its ok now but if it was just the histo server run by NT not available, wouldn't it be able to actually connect to CQG/AMP just have no histo data?
                            Mine would not login to AMP could this be because my historical data was messed up because I had not been recording NT was off?
                            And it wouldn't allow connection to CQG due to also not being able to connect to NT Histo server?
                            I have never actually had this happen in over 1 year so it makes me wonder now you say it was unavailable at times, whether this was causing it because it worked a few hours later and has been connected since with not 1 disconnection.

Comment

Originally posted by walter79 View Post
                              But would that actually prevent it logging in to CQG/AMP?
                              Mine would not login to CQG/AMP and gave "no error" as to why.
                              Also I could ping the CQG data center in Denver from the pc with no problem.
                              It seemed to be something in NT stopping it logging in.
                              I thought maybe it was license servers at NT but that will always give a message.
                              Last edited by Mike_32; 01-15-2014, 10:27 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by funk10101, Today, 09:43 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post funk10101  
                              Started by pkefal, 04-11-2024, 07:39 AM
                              11 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post jeronymite