Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mac connections in parallels

Hello all,

I have Ninjatrader latest version running in Parallels. However, trying to connect to TWS (Interactive brokers) that is running as a standalone in the Mac side does not work. It says that the connection was actively refused.

I have sharing folders disabled per the usual instructions for setting up in Mac.

Other advice was to have TWS running on the windows side in Parallels, but does anyone have TWS running in Mac connected to NT in Parallels?

Thanks

Hello ericchannd,

Thanks for your post.

You will need to disconnect Traders Workstation from the Mac side and run it on the Windows side.

The following link will take you to a page that details the steps required for creating a connection to Interactive Brokers and specific connection configuration information.
    BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Ericchannd,

I use Parallels and IB as well on my iMac. IB and NT communicate strictly through Windows. I run NT and IB in Windows 7 within a Parallels VM, and its been running fine.

I also have IB setup to run on my iMAC outside of Parallels, in case of an emergency and I'm in an active trade and I experience a Windows problem.

IB can run in a browser or standalone but always in JAVA, so it runs on Windows, MAC, etc. However for IB and NT to communicate they both need to run in Windows, and I believe they both need to be running in the same instance of Windows (in other words not separate instances of windows over a network).

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Cheers.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by PaulMohn, Today, 12:36 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post PaulMohn  
      Started by love2code2trade, 04-17-2024, 01:45 PM