Two Trades To Reverse Position

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I run an automated strategy with "EnterLong" and "EnterShort".
    In realtime trading the strategy first exits the position and then enters the new position. This creates two trades instead of one. (i.e. Exit 1000 long and than enter 1000 short.)
    This is not very cost effective.
    How can I set up a strategy that reverse a trade in one step? (Buy or sell 2000 to reverse a 1000 position.)

Hello,

Currently our system is setup on the managed approach for the two order approach. As with futures you are charged commission per contract not pre order. It doesn't really matter on futures however on stocks it does matter due to the way commissions are charged. However the close order action is still required unfortunately.I believe you are trading stocks based on your QTY size and In that case this extra step is required due to the face that there is actually 4 order types (Buy then Sell) (Sell Short then Buy To Cover).

You must submit these orders and it takes the extra step, otherwise the orders will be rejected when you submit the orders live.

If you are not trading stocks and still want to combine into a single order to reverse this would require moving over to the unmanaged approach.

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...d_approach.htm.

Comment

It is typically found as a future order type found in future trading. A reverse order consist of two orders in one. When you reverse an existing for future position, an offset order sent at that time.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Waxavi
      by Waxavi

Started by TradeForge, Today, 02:09 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes