SIM behaves differently from LIVE?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SIM behaves differently from LIVE?

Can you tell me if this situation would have a different result if in SIM vs. LIVE?

I placed a buy limit order above the market (using the middle mouse button) in the DOM. The market is very volatile this morning, and the price fluctuated wildly up to and past the limit order. I saw on the DOM that the price jumped above and was trading 5-6 ticks above my limit price, but the order did not fill. Then the price came back and touched the limit price and the order filled.

In a live account, wouldn't this order have filled because the price was trading above my limit? If so, is there something we can do in SIM to make these conditions cause the limit order to fill?

Thanks!
    Bryan
    cassb
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Logical Forex

I suspect you are referring to a "STOP-LIMIT" order. In this case, same behaviour in a live account. You might want to use a "STOP-MARKET" order, this will fill as price is touched. Use CTRL-KEY + Middle Mouse Button.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

It's not a stop order, it's a "open limit" order I'm thinking of. For example, the price is currently trading at $100. I want to open a long position when the price gets to $102. So I click on $102 in the DOM "buy" column with the middle mouse button. An order is placed to buy with a limit order when the price hits $102. If the ask ever goes at or above $102, then the order should fill immediately. Otherwise if the price dips below $102, a limit order should stay opened at $102 until it's filled for the remainder of the order.

Maybe you're right though... what I'm thinking of is a stop market order? What would happen if the price jumped to $103 then... would a STP order fill at $103 and a SLM remain pending until the price returns to $102?
      Last edited by cassb; 03-17-2008, 11:50 AM.
      cassb
      NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Logical Forex

Comment

Your understanding is correct.
        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by michi08, 10-05-2018, 09:31 AM
        5 responses
        0 likes