Custom indicators don't show up in 64-bit NT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom indicators don't show up in 64-bit NT

Basically my custom indicators show up in the 32-bit NT but not in the 64-bit NT when I try to add them to my charts.They are not in the indicator list. I also cannot import any custom indicators into the 64-bit version. I don't receive any error messages. I add the indicator and everything seems normal, but it doesn't show up in the indicator list when I try to add it to my charts.

Originally, I had a problem getting the 64-bit to work. I had to uninstall my old SQL Compact Edition and install the 3.5 SP2 x64 version. The 64-bit worked then but now I have this problem.

Using NinjaTrader Version 7.0.1000.21

Hello ciprofx,

Can you please compile your NinjaScript files and check if they contain any errors.

-Open NinjaTrader
    -From the Control Center select the Tools menu--> select the Edit NinjaScript menu item--> select Indicator
    -Select any indicator and double click on it (we need only to open and compile one script to see all compile errors for all files).
    -A new window will appear and you will need to right click in the window and select Compile to compile the indicators.
    -At the bottom of the window a new section will appear where you can find the error locations.
    -From there you have the option to comment out offending code sections, remove the complete indicator or debug it to be able to compile again.

If you are unsure as to what the error is indicating, please send me a screenshot of the error with the name and description fields clearly readable.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

No errors occurred.

Comment

I just opened my trace file and there's a bunch of errors that might seem relevant.

Here's one:
        2014-01-16 06:27:15:626 ERROR: Unable to create instance of 'NinjaTrader.Indicator.anaLineAlertsOnIndicator'. Most likely there is no default constructor defined, or the default constructor does not work correctly: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

Comment

Hello ciprofx,

It indicates your installation has been left in an inconsistent state. Make sure NinjaTrader is shut down and repair NinjaTrader in the 'Programs and Features' menu of the Windows Control Panel. Highlight NinjaTrader 7 and check if you can repair it.

If the issue remains, please uninstall/re-install NinjaTrader as per the instructions below.

You will save all settings and data. All settings and data are located at (My) Documents-->NinjaTrader 7 which is unaffected when you uninstall NinjaTrader via the Control Panel.

Make sure NinjaTrader is shut down.

Uninstall NinjaTrader 7 via Windows Control Panel-->Programs and Features.

Clear your browser cache and download and install NinjaTrader 7 from the link below.

Comment

It didn't work. I never tried until now but when I try to add the ATR indicator to the 64-bit chart I get the error message included in the pic. The 32-bit works fine.
            Attached Files

Comment

Hello ciprofx,

If you tried both repairing and reinstalling NinjaTrader, please send me the log and trace files. Log and trace files can be found at the following locations. Please attach them in the email.

You can send it to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. Put 'Att Jason, Custom indicators don't show up in 64-bit NT' in the subject header.

C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->(My) Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Log--> log.20140116 for today. (log.yyyymmdd for any other date)

C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->(My) Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Trace--> trace.20140116 for today. (trace.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by rocketman7, Today, 01:00 AM
              0 responses
              1 view
              0 likes
              Last Post rocketman7  
              Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
              2 responses