Optimus / Vision problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Optimus / Vision problems

After the Mirus Zenfire debacle, I'm trying Optimus / Vision.

All was fine was a few days but immediately on US open a few minutes ago I stopped receiving data for the ES (S&P). It comes on for a bit and then stops again.

Just me? Or anybody else?

Hello,

This is the only report I've heard thus far, and my Vision account is streaming data at this time.

If you switch from the ES to another, and back to the ES does the data resume?

Are you getting live stream data in the File--> New--> T&S window?

Please send us your log/trace files from Help--> Mail to support so we can look into this report further.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

GC (Gold) is fine. But the ES is freezing and no L2 data coming through in the T&S. If I open a new T&S the bid/ask area at the top stays blank. The data doesn't resume when I switch back.

It only started at 2.30 GMT i.e. 14 minutes ago, so that may account for why nobody else has mentioned it.

Comment

T&S would be L1 only. You mean there is no bid/ask or last price coming through? Or is there still a portion of this window working.

My only suggestion at this point is to restart/reconnect and send us your diagnostic files so we can look into what may have went wrong.

Comment

It seems to be working okay now.

Hmm.

I don't like the feed going down on me at important times. If it can't handle US Open, how's it going to handle NFP or FOMC?

Optimus support are meant to be phoning me back. I guess they'll say it wasn't a widespread problem and nobody else reported data issues.

I did send you my files. Let's hope the problem was my PC rather than the feed.

Comment

Just saw your comment @Instamess and was able to load ES T&S instantly as a test. (I am also on Rithmic/Vision)

Comment

Thanks, Prov, it's working fine for me too now. But it was at the open that it went wonky. Did anyone happen to have ES loaded at the open?

Comment

Originally posted by Instamess View Post
                Thanks, Prov, it's working fine for me too now. But it was at the open that it went wonky. Did anyone happen to have ES loaded at the open?
                Had an /ES chart open but no T&S...no issues here with the open data flow.

Comment

These disconnects keep happening!

I'm surprised nobody else has complained about it especially as NT support did confirm via email on Friday that Vision is aware of some packet loss at one backbone.

Not just at the open. As soon as the one market I'm watching gets a bit of action - boom! My connection goes down.

Comment

I'm getting "ConnectionLost" errors from Vision/Rithmic pretty much everyday. The seem to be just after the markets open or other higher action times. One happened in the middle of a ATM trade and Ninja wasn't able to close a couple of positions. I've been trouble shooting with both Vision and Ninja but so far no one has a clue as to what's going on. I just switched from Mirus to Vision and so far have not been able to get a solid connection with Vision.

Comment

Originally posted by pcrouleur View Post
                      I'm getting "ConnectionLost" errors from Vision/Rithmic pretty much everyday. The seem to be just after the markets open or other higher action times. One happened in the middle of a ATM trade and Ninja wasn't able to close a couple of positions. I've been trouble shooting with both Vision and Ninja but so far no one has a clue as to what's going on. I just switched from Mirus to Vision and so far have not been able to get a solid connection with Vision.
                      We've had reports of packet loss for Comcast users as well as other users who route through similar servers. I do not know who you may have been working with through NinjaTrader, however we should be able to provide you with some diagnostics to work with your ISP to see if anything can be done from your end. Please reopen the ticket if there is an existing one, or email me directly at support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com and we'll be happy to see what else can be done.

Comment

Thank you to the ninja trader team that has been trying to help our customers.
                        If you are having issues, we would be more than happy to assist you technically and detect your specific issues in order to determine the issue. PLEASE keep in mind that Rithmic provides ultra low latency unfiltered data, and we have found that some ISPs did encounter issues processing such issues.

We have made a post to help people with the issues of Rithmic: Rithmic Connectivity Improvement Log

Please let us know if you have any issues and we would be more than happy along with the Ninja team to assist you.
                        Matt
                        Optimus Trading Group
                        Last edited by Matt Z; 01-28-2014, 08:02 PM.

Comment

Nice to get a reply from the Horse' mouth (unlike Mirus who never came to post here despite the extreme seriousness of what happened there)

Thanks, Matt. I'm on your free trial. Do you think that could be part of the problem and that regular users aren't affected?

Comment

Originally posted by Instamess View Post
                            Nice to get a reply from the Horse' mouth (unlike Mirus who never came to post here despite the extreme seriousness of what happened there)

Thanks, Matt. I'm on your free trial. Do you think that could be part of the problem and that regular users aren't affected?
                            Yes, of course it could be. The Sim accounts are not on the same server as the real users, as far as I know. It makes sense, so that the real users are not affected.
                            Having said that, there were some ISP issues that have occurred for some users.

This is a general statement: most guys that we assist with tech issues run many other applications that consume bandwidth. You cant have 4 trading platforms, Skype and a webinar going at the same time . My suggestion is to Run NinjaTrader as a stand alone.
                            We are here with the NinjaTrader team to assist you guys also individuality as traders as well once you become our customers. We assist each person individually as well to identify their issues.

Thank you @NinjaTrader for all your support! Brett..Matthew....Ryan...Ryan...Wes...

Matt

Comment

Connection issues Rithmic Vision

I have being having the same problems with constant disconnecting at the market open/close and just now Fed announcement at 2pm. I am running the Rithmic feed into both Ninja and Sierra same pc and not one single disconnect from sierra but constant disconnect with Ninja.. I have upgraded to the latest version .21, did all I was asked to do by Ninja and still disconnecting during high volume times. Can anybody provide a solution?? Mattz, I have being told on the quite that Rithmic are randomly disconnecting SIM traders who are NOT placing LIVE ORDERS. Can you provide any insight into this?? I have a live funded account with Optimus/Vision but only use SIM as I am still learning this game. These constant disconnects over the past week DONT HELP us novice traders looking to make the leap from SIM to LIVE trading.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by DJ888, Today, 10:57 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post DJ888
                              by DJ888

Started by MacDad, 02-25-2024, 11:48 PM
                              7 responses
                              0 likes