Some kinetick historical data missing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some kinetick historical data missing

Hi. I do not know whether or not it is appropriate to post this question here, so excuse me if it isn't. I just emailed kinetick, but perhaps this is a problem with Ninjatrader. I noticed that if I go to Tools -> Historical Data Manager -> edit & then select one of my active 100 stocks, it is missing the historical tick data for the month of October. What's even weirder is that there are two dates in September the 16th & 17th that have data, but no other dates in September. Isn't Kinetick supposed to now give 180 days of historical tick data (it was 120 when I first signed up)? So shouldn't my data actually go back to sometime in July?

Note that all the data is there for Oct 1-today. Also, I tried hitting the "Reload All" button but this did not work. I also went to "download" in the historical data manager & selected an individual stock (one of the 100 that were active) and then tried to download the historical last tick data for Oct 1-Oct 31, but this didn't work either. There is no October data.

Thanks.

Hello TheDarg,

Thanks for your post.

A quick word about Kinetick historical tick data.

When requesting tick data with Kinetick between the hours of 9:30am ET to 4:30pm ET you will have access to 8 days of historical tick data. If you request the data outside those hours the full 180 days is available. After you request the data, it will be downloaded to your historical database and cache, and you will be able to access this data at any time.

Requesting tick data consumes an extremely large amount of bandwidth and heightens data server loads. When bandwidth or server load is elevated to high levels, the result is that all data, including live data can be slowed down. We decided to make 180 days of tick data available, far more than other providers, and will not compromise the data by filtering it. We simply reduce any possibilities of overloading servers and bandwidth by limiting the amount of data available during peak trading time; the times that traders need data to be as fast as possible.

Please try downloading the data after these hours. If you are still unable to download the data after hours, please let me know.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Okay. Great thank you for explaining. That is totally reasonable. I can't quite remember when I tried, but I will try tonight to download the data and let you know if I run into problems again.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by TraderBCL, Today, 04:38 AM
      2 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post TraderBCL  
      Started by martin70, 03-24-2023, 04:58 AM
      14 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post martin70