X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MA cell condition issue.

hi,

Lets introduce the problem
    I do not know how to program the MA cell and the indicator in such a way that the indicator gives of a signal that can be read by the MA as numbers?

Goal: the Market Analyser needs to accept a custom indicator that gives a (1), (0) or (-1) to indicate a buy, neutral or sell signal in the column cell.

In my case its a simple WMA(5) strategy that i created (Which has not been converted into a indicator yet!)

First, the strategy contains a green background indication When the slope rises up.
    The strategy indicator works as can be seen on the chart in the screenshot

The problem is that the Market analyser only accepts indicators but i do not know how to configure the cell in such a way that when the strategy says (I am giving the chart a color or a arrow up) the cell of the MA needs to turn green. I think i need to add a 'rule' to the strategy saying: when the slope of the WMA increases, that is a number 1, and when it decreases you get a 0 (instead of a color).
    Step 2, than i need to convert it into a indicator
    Step 3, How should i program the cell that when i select my custom made indicator in the tab, the cell turns green when the indicator gives a (1) or red when (-1) or (0)?

I hope this makes sense, If not please tell me.

I added a screenshot to backup my story.

Best Regards,

Bas millenaar
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Inter20; 01-17-2014, 03:13 PM.

Hello Inter20,

Thanks for writing in.

You are on the right track!

Now that you have the strategy completed (even though its coloring the back color instead of plotting -1, 0, or 1) the next step would be to copy the code from OnBarUpdate to an indicator.

Start by making a new indicator with a unique name and then click the Generate button to unlock the code.

Next, copy everything from OnBarUpdate in the strategy to the OnBarUpdate in the indicator.

Last, in the actions part of each condition, add Value.Set(1);.
    (or Value.Set(-1) / Value.Set(0) depending on which condition it is)

The last part is setting up cell conditions in the Market Analyzer.
    Below is a link to the YouTube Training Video on the Market Analyzer which goes over this.
    http://youtu.be/RQSp9NODAEk?t=25m17s
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB; 01-17-2014, 03:23 PM.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Chelsea,

Thanks again for helping me out.
      It worked perfectly as you said, so thanks again.
      Now I have a follow-up question.
      I managed to configure my Marker Analyser but i would like to save it. I did try to save it as template but when i try to lead it, it does not return to the old configuration.
      Is there a way to save the configuration of the Market Analyser, so when I restart Ninjatrader and go to File>new>Market Analyser I get the saves configuration back?

My thanks again,

Bas Millenaar

Comment

I watched the youtube link that was suggested, and found the information how to save my Market Analyser.
        unfortunately, when I save it and reopen a new Market Analyser-->templates-->load select my saved template, I am not getting my saved template back.
        I am running a free version atm, is this the issue?

Regards,

Bas
        Last edited by Inter20; 01-19-2014, 04:38 AM.

Comment

Addition to my previous post, I am getting my template 'colums' back but not the indicators i have put in. This is when I open a New MA. There is no option as far I know to open a Saved MA.
          What is the reason for losing all the added indicators after restarting Ninjatrader?

Sincerely,

Bas

Comment

Hello Bas,

The Market Analyzer columns and instruments are saved with your workspace. If you save your workspace before restarting NinjaTrader your Market Analyzer will come back the same way with the same indicators, columns, and instruments.

Templates will not store the instruments in a Market Analyzer window but will save the columns and indicators that you have configured. If you would like to save a template to use when opening a new Market Analyzer, this template will not load automatically. Once your template has been created you will need to load this into the desired Market Analyzer window.

To do this right-click the Market Analyzer window -> select Load... -> select the template by name -> click OK.

Below is a link to a YouTube Training Video on the Market Analyzer.
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQSp...D7105&index=12
            Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post DynamicTest  
            Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
            4 responses