Assembly file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Assembly file

I have an indicator I wanted to share with someone, but didn't want him to be able so see my source code, so I went to File->Utilities->Export, selected, "Export compiled assemble of selected source files", moved the selected file to the right hand box, and clicked on export.

Before sending it to him, I wanted to test the file by importing it back into my own NT. When I did this, I got the two following error messages,

"OneLDom2.1, Manco.Licensing.34.Full, NinjaTrader.OFA have to be added to use the products in the imported assembly."

and

" Import failed. The NinjaScript Archive File may contain duplicate method names that already exist on your PC or there is a required file missing on either your PC or in the import archive."

The assembly file I created has a unique name, not already in my PC, and the code contained within it makes no references to any other files, DLLs, or scripts at all.

This is the first time I have tried to do this, can you tell me what I'm doing wrong, or why this won't work?

Thanks,

Safetrading

Originally posted by safetrading View Post
    " Import failed. The NinjaScript Archive File may contain duplicate method names that already exist on your PC or there is a required file missing on either your PC or in the import archive.

Safetrading
    The message means what it says. You have the source of the indicator in your NT file tree, and you are trying to import the compiled indicator into the same tree, so you would have method name duplication.

Either use a Virtual Machine or another physical machine for your development, separate from the machine on which you test, or else backup and delete your source files, before testing the import, then remove the assembly and restore your source if you wish later.

Whatever you choose to do, you cannot import your compiled indicator to a system that contains the source of said indicator.

Personally I run NT on 3 separate VM's: one for development; one for testing; one for trading. The trading VM runs NOTHING other than NinjaTrader, not even a browser, or antimalware, because it never accesses anything other than NinjaTrader's or brokers' servers. It has the further benefit of being behind 2 separate firewalls: one generated by the VM itself's NAT router, and the other the physical router that is in front of my modem.
    Last edited by koganam; 01-19-2014, 01:03 PM. Reason: Corrected punctuation.

Comment

koganam...which flavor of VM are you using for trading with NT?

Thanks!

Comment

wasn't using an VM. This was the first time I had converted an indicator into an assembly and I overlooked the fact that while I gave the assembly a new name, the name embedded in the indicator was identical to one already on my machine. So I removed the original one and it worked just fine.

Safetrading

Comment

Originally posted by Prov1322 View Post
          koganam...which flavor of VM are you using for trading with NT?

Thanks!
          VirtualBox, 3MB memory, Windows XP SP3, 2 virtual screens, 128MB video memory.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by zstheorist, Today, 07:52 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post zstheorist  
          Started by pmachiraju, 11-01-2023, 04:46 AM
          8 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post rehmans