Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

NinjaTrader causing my inet connection to drop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NinjaTrader causing my inet connection to drop?

Hello!

I have been using NinjaTrader 6.5 beta recently. I have noticed that when i open everything up so that NT can record the day's session for the next day, when I wake up in the morning my internet connection is down. If NT is not left open this doesn't happen. Anyone know how NT might be causing this and how I might fix it? I keep losing the data in the mornings because the connection goes down. Thanks for any help!

Sol

Originally posted by solomon68 View Post
    Hello!

I have been using NinjaTrader 6.5 beta recently. I have noticed that when i open everything up so that NT can record the day's session for the next day, when I wake up in the morning my internet connection is down. If NT is not left open this doesn't happen. Anyone know how NT might be causing this and how I might fix it? I keep losing the data in the mornings because the connection goes down. Thanks for any help!

Sol
    Hi Sol,

Unfortunately NinjaTrader does not dictate when a connection is lost. It operates like a radio receiver in that it receives a signal from your broker and then displays/reports these signals back to you the trader. When a connection is lost, it is the broker's API that determines this and reports this to NinjaTrader which in turn reports this back to the trader.
    The common problems that contribute to this are -

- ISP issues

- hardware firewall issues changing IP addresses frequently

- Dynamic ISP address switching the address frequently intraday. Usually this happens once a week but you may want to check with your ISP. If they do change daily, a static IP address may work.

- With Windows XP SP2, if you have more than 10 open TCPIP socket connections open (10 programs making connections through the internet) windows will randomly shut down some connections

- Broker servers having problems or in this case it might be a broker server reset. Some data feeds such as IB, Patsystems and TT have a server reset period that will disconnect you from their server.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by funk10101, Today, 12:02 AM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
    Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick