Cannot get Order Entry Hotkeys to Work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot get Order Entry Hotkeys to Work

Hi there. I've been trying to set up order entry hot keys for "Buy Market" and "Sell Market" -- I went into the Hotkey Manager and entered in the desired hotkey combination. Since I obviously want to test this out before doing it live, I loaded up Market Replay and hit play. While the bars were moving I would hit the hotkey for Buy Market but I'd get that "ding" noise, essentially saying I can't do that. It's the same noise that it makes if you have the Hotkey Manager window open and you try to click anywhere else, you get that ding.

Any ideas what's going on? My other non Order Entry hotkeys work, just not the Order Entry stuff for some reason. Thanks as usual.

Hello lllusion,

Thanks for your post.

Do you have Hot Keys enabled?
    • To check this click Tools -> Options... -> look for a check next to Use order entry hot keys
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by lllusion View Post
      Hi there. I've been trying to set up order entry hot keys for "Buy Market" and "Sell Market" -- I went into the Hotkey Manager and entered in the desired hotkey combination. Since I obviously want to test this out before doing it live, I loaded up Market Replay and hit play. While the bars were moving I would hit the hotkey for Buy Market but I'd get that "ding" noise, essentially saying I can't do that. It's the same noise that it makes if you have the Hotkey Manager window open and you try to click anywhere else, you get that ding.

Any ideas what's going on? Thanks as usual.
      Go to Tools - Options - make sure the box labeled 'Use order entry hot keys' is checked.

Comment

Wow, I actually looked in that area earlier but glazed over it. Yep, that was exactly my issue. I googled it but didn't see any threads on here for it, so I decided to make a post. Thanks for the help and hopefully this thread title can help some googlers too.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by RideMe, 04-07-2024, 04:54 PM
        5 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
        Started by f.saeidi, Today, 08:13 AM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB