Differnt Values between indicator on chart and indicator in Market Analyzer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Differnt Values between indicator on chart and indicator in Market Analyzer

I have an indicator that I coded, when I place it on the chart it gives a value (the correct value)

and when I put it in Market analyzer it gives the same value for 1 second and then as the symbols ticks, it keeps increasing the numbers,when I hit the F5 button on market analyzer to reload the indicator it then gives the correct values but then keeps adding after.

I have checked that properties in chart and market analyzer are the same

Type and Value of period
    # of bars to look back
    Maximum bars look back
    Plot
    Price Type
    Session Template

Note: I have other indicators working perfectly fine on other market analyzers

Please help

The two common reasons for differences between a chart indicator and MA indicator are the Calculate on bar close settings and number of bars to look back.

It sounds like you've already checked the # of bars to look back but please confirm that your chart has the same number of bars as the MA. You can right click the chart change the start time to bars and set it to the same number as the MA. Then ensure the indicator has the same COBC setting on both (either true or false, typically the MA defaults to False and the Chart defaults to True)
    LanceNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

As I mentioned earlier it is a custom coded indicator, I have checked what you asked me both are the same, but reading is increasing on the market analyzer with every tick! after giving the correct reading!

Comment

I'd be happy to test the indicator on my end however from your description it sounds like the indicator was not built to run with COBC = false. Try setting both to true and let me know if the issue persists.

For tips on debugging: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=3418

If setting to true doesn't resolve the issue feel free to attach the .cs file.

Comment

Setting both COBC to true instead of false, did the trick, buy why?
          although I can live with on bar close set to true, but what is the reason behind it.

one more thing there is a # of bars to look back in the properties of market analyzer as
          the properties of indicator, I noticed that changing it doesn't change a thing.

Comment

The # of bars look back in the MA is how much data that will be loaded. It would be the same as opening a chart with that many bars.

Originally posted by Ad_Trader View Post
            Setting both COBC to true instead of false, did the trick, buy why?
            although I can live with on bar close set to true, but what is the reason behind it.
            It's likely that the script is doing some calculations that are only intended to calculate at the close of each bar. I'm assuming you are setting a value that operates on itself or previous value.

Depending on your end goal this may be of use: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...ttickofbar.htm

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post chbruno
            by chbruno

Started by josh18955, 03-25-2023, 11:16 AM
            6 responses