When will Rithmic OCO server based?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When will Rithmic OCO server based?

The Rithmic setup instruction clearly states "OCO is locally simulated on your PC"....

When will this be server based? timeline? or never will?

Originally posted by balancenv View Post
    The Rithmic setup instruction clearly states "OCO is locally simulated on your PC"....

Rithmic server side OCO's is on our list however, we do not have an ETA at this time.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Clarification

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ray View Post
      Rithmic server side OCO's is on our list however, we do not have an ETA at this time.
      Hi Ray,

Just for increasing my knowledge ... by the wording of your reply does that mean most if not all the work to develop server side OCO actually rest with the charting platform company (NT) rather than the data feed provider (Rithmic)?

If so would that mean that you could get a situation where a charting platform company in competition with NT could for instance have server side OCO while NT does not?

Just that I noticed that most main stream charting platform companies (NT included) offer server side OCO with CQG/Continuum so I was jumping to the conclusion that it was because CQG/Contiuum had developed that functionality and each charting platform could take advantage of it.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by balancenv View Post

Considering how well ZenFire server OCO worked out...

Comment

Originally posted by steve2222 View Post
          Hi Ray,

Just for increasing my knowledge ... by the wording of your reply does that mean most if not all the work to develop server side OCO actually rest with the charting platform company (NT) rather than the data feed provider (Rithmic)?

If so would that mean that you could get a situation where a charting platform company in competition with NT could for instance have server side OCO while NT does not?

Just that I noticed that most main stream charting platform companies (NT included) offer server side OCO with CQG/Continuum so I was jumping to the conclusion that it was because CQG/Contiuum had developed that functionality and each charting platform could take advantage of it.

Thanks
          Server side OCO is built from the data provider. NinjaTrader would need to use the methods exposed by the providers API to use those features.

At this time, we use an old version of the Rithmic API which does not use server side OCO.
          MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Hi, is there any update on this? It's been a while

Comment

Hello claxxical,

Thank you for your post. No, at this time there has not been a data provider change with these connection items, so the same is still true to OCO and Rithmic.

Please let us know if we may assist further.

Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
              7 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
              Started by NRITV, Today, 01:15 PM
              1 response
              0 likes