Problems running the same strategy on multiple charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems running the same strategy on multiple charts

I'm trying to run the same strategy across a couple different instruments (US equities) on my live account. Both strategies were green when I enabled them before the market open. When the conditions were met, I got an entry for one chart around the open of the market, but for some reason I did not get an entry on the other chart when the conditions were met. I disabled the strategy on this chart and re-enabled it, but when I did so, the strategy was now yellow and I see a historical fill and profit added to my chart. I definitely enabled the strategy before the entry occurred.

Hello IFT20,

If you look at the Log tab inside of the Control Center, do you see if an order was placed on that instrument but was not filled or got cancelled?
    JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I checked and it did not create any order at all. I was only able to see the historical execution after disabling and re-enabling the strategy.

Comment

The strategy later became green again and an order was created at the next triggered event.

Comment

Hello IFT20,

Then it appears that your strategy is being processed differently on Historical Data than it is in real-time data.

I would suggest adding some Print statements to check your values and conditions to see if they are what you expect running in real-time. Here is a good thread with an example of this.

You may also add a drawing object yourself when you conditions are hit so that can easily see visibly when your conditions are true.

Lastly, using a Strategy it can be helpful to use "TraceOrders = true;" to input value order information. This will show if an order is cancelled or ignored and tell you what reason it was done.

Let us know what you find out after the changes and try your strategy again.

Comment

Thanks JC! I will implement your suggestions and see if I can figure out where the strategy is having problems on my live chart.

Comment

Hello IFT20,

Sounds good, let us know if you see a message that you need any clarification on.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by algospoke, 04-17-2024, 06:40 PM
              6 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post algospoke  
              Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
              4 responses
              0 likes