Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy with Alternate Connections

Hi all,

How can I run a strategy using data feed A while trading with account B? I thought that just connecting to feed A before connecting to account B would do it. This works in backtests, and with the Sim account I can choose the connection I want, but with a live account it seems to only be using the account connection.

Hello typedef struct,

Yes, connecting to data feed A first will receive realtime data from data feed A, providing data feed A supports the instrument type that is selected for the strategy.

When connected to multiple connections simultaneously in NinjaTrader, you will receive realtime data from the first connected connection on most occasions. Only when the first connection does not support a certain instrument type (stock, futures, forex, index), it will receive realtime data from the second connection. Please see the link below for information when using multiple connections.

I assume you refer to the Control Center-->Strategies-tab, Connection column. It will always show the connection of the account the strategy is running on. It does not mean realtime data is received from this connection.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Jason,

I'll have to investigate further why I'm getting these inconsistent results. I'm seeing data on a chart that directly contradicts that data my strategies seem to be trading on. I'll add some debugging and run in sim a bit and see if I can reproduce it there.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
      47 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post aligator  
      Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post jaybedreamin