X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tonynt View Post
    koganam,

thank you again for your reply.

The entry is at my black dashed line in the range chart. As one condition of the stop is Min(low)2, so the stop should be in every case below the Min of the green upbar (which is the lowest), no? Is the spread then important to determine the stop?

Thank you
    Tony
    That is what I mean by details. You are showing 2 different charts there, one based on range bars, and the other seems to be based on timelapse bars. On which bar series are you making the entry and calculating the stops? And why are the two charts based on different bar constructions?

Comment

koganam,

thank you for your reply.

The left chart is a 60 min chart for having a higher timeframe view and to control the trade with chart-trader enabled.

In my 8Range Chart on the right I do the entries with my strategy

onbarupdate if (BarsInProgress!=0)return;

I think the stop should be below the green upbar as I do not include BarsArray[x] in the stop-conditions I have posted. That´s why I´m wondering.

Thank you
      Tony

Comment

Originally posted by tonynt View Post
        koganam,

thank you for your reply.

The left chart is a 60 min chart for having a higher timeframe view and to control the trade with chart-trader enabled.

In my 8Range Chart on the right I do the entries with my strategy

onbarupdate if (BarsInProgress!=0)return;

I think the stop should be below the green upbar as I do not include BarsArray[x] in the stop-conditions I have posted. That´s why I´m wondering.

Thank you
        Tony
        Which would imply that you are calculating your Stops based off the 8-Range chart's bars? Eyeballing the chart, it looks to me like the Stop is 3 ticks below the entry bar, (on the 8-Range chart). I repeat: Print()ing out the values to the Output Window will quickly reveal what your values are and if the calculations, as coded, are producing what they should. If they are not, then you will have a hint as to where to look.

Regardless, if you are calculating stops based on an 8-Range chart, you cannot expect those Stops to be shown relative to the bars of a 1-hour chart: they are fundamentally different ways of representing the price action.

Comment

koganam,

thank you again for your reply.

In my understanding (that might be wrong) the close, low, high, open refer to the primary dataseries in the chart where the strategy is running. And as it is an 8 Range chart I thought it will be below the min of the primary dataseries.

Thank you for the hint with printing.

I do not expect the stops in the min chart as you mention. of course not. As I explained this is only the higher timeframe chart with chart trader enabled to have some additional control of no# of contract and stops.

Thank you again.
          Tony

Originally posted by koganam View Post
          Which would imply that you are calculating your Stops based off the 8-Range chart's bars? Eyeballing the chart, it looks to me like the Stop is 3 ticks below the entry bar, (on the 8-Range chart). I repeat: Print()ing out the values to the Output Window will quickly reveal what your values are and if the calculations, as coded, are producing what they should. If they are not, then you will have a hint as to where to look.

Regardless, if you are calculating stops based on an 8-Range chart, you cannot expect those Stops to be shown relative to the bars of a 1-hour chart: they are fundamentally different ways of representing the price action.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM
          0 responses
          1 view
          0 likes
          Last Post usazencort  
          Started by kaywai, 09-01-2023, 08:44 PM
          5 responses
          0 likes