Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

eSignal data only service?

Hi folks

I want to find a data provider to provide realtime Hang Seng Index data with native timestamp. My broker IB's datafeed is using local timestamp which confuses my ninja strategies.

I searched for a long time on the net, and it seems eSignal can offer a solution. I heard there was a "eSignal data only service" but I can't find it anywhere now. Would anyone here be so kind to let me know which product of eSignal should I subscribe for this data only purpose with lowest cost, and how can I subscribe it?

I actually contacted eSignal twice from here http://www.esignal.com/development-t...sdk_tools.aspx , and got no response.

Many thx!

Hello mktrader123,

Thank you for your post.

If you are looking for a real-time data feed with a native timestamp for the Hang Seng Index, your best option will be eSignal. You will want to contact eSignal directly for more information about their market data fees for their different platform/API options.

I have also included a link to the NinjaTrader connection guide for eSignal, which will provide more information about the supported API for data integration with NinjaTrader 7:

Please let me know if you have any other NinjaTrader inquiries.

Comment

Thanks Chris

I managed to get a data only plan from eSignal. I can now run the NT chart of HSI Futures. It works like a charm!

However, I still can't run the chart of HSI Index (not futures). I have already created the instrument of HSI Index by using the symbol mapping of HSI|HKF for eSignal. I also tried HSIHKG described here http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...=hsihkg&page=2 , but still got no luck. Should I use some other mapping for HSI Index? Your help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks!

Comment

I do not know what the HSI Index would be from eSignal, but happy to help you figure that out.

Can you load this symbol in eSignal? If so, what is the exact symbol and exchange configured in eSignal?
        MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Thanks again.

Hm... I'm not sure how to load a specific symbol in eSignal. I can only open the eSignal Data Manager, which looks like just a message box with not much I can do. I also tried launching the eSignal application, but it just opened up the Data Manager and then shut down itself.

I also confirmed with eSignal support that I have subscribed both HSI Futures and HSI Index (they charge separately), and their HSI Index symbol is $HSI-HKG . I found the exchange name is "HKGI" from here:

I also asked eSignal tech support about its mapping to NT, but that gentleman said he doesn't know.

Any advice?

Comment

Hello mktrader123,

I was able to successfully map and chart the HSI index. I'm including this instrument set up as an attachment.

Make sure to check different chart intervals, and let us know if you run into any issues.
            Attached Files
            Zach S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

That's brilliant! It works perfectly!

Many thanks folks!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
              3 responses
              0 likes