Ninjatrader Charts have never drawn correctly for me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninjatrader Charts have never drawn correctly for me

Hello - I play with currency pairs and regardless of what type of chart I try to draw, it never appears as it should. I imagine this must be a simple issue because it renders ninjatrader almost unusable and clearly that isn't the case for everyone.

Essentially the issue I run into is what appears to be missing data on the drawn chart (candlestick or renko... issue is on both so same issue I'm sure)... but a gap with no bar in there (i've changed the candle outline color and it doesn't fix it).

I can mouse over the gap and see in the data box that there should be something drawn there but nothing appears. This causes often funky looking candle charts and absolutely useless renko charts since it causes the bricks to overlap each other.

Essentially, it's just a mess, especially the renko charts and I have to imagine the fix is simple since I'm feeling unique with this issue. My data provider is MB Trading, I've also tried downlaoding historical tick data from dukascopy and importing to ninjatrader (but if anything, that chart looked worse), google and kinectick. Something is just terribly wrong with my chart drawings....

A couple attachments to this show the issue... one on a candlestick chart, the ohter on a renko chart. The renko is easy to see it is a mess, missing info and bricks don't maintain the start/end points they are supposed to so the ranges overlap. the candlestick chart shows gaps and apparent dojis but when you look at the data box it shows that there is a defined high/low that is simply not drawing for some reason?
    Thanks!
    Mike
    Attached Files

another good renko example. see the missing renko bars.... not just missing but also you can see the edges of the renko bars fail to match up and instead of always starting and ending on the same $x.xx10 interval. I see this on every data source, every currency pair, every timeframe. There's nothing I can do to get a good chart out of ninjatrader so I'm hoping theres just some silly setting I'm overlooking?
    Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Please contact me at Support AT NinjaTrader DOT com. In the message please include a link to this forum thread.
      KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post sarafuenonly123  
      Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes