Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How much does Continuum/Ninja cost "per side"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much does Continuum/Ninja cost "per side"?

Hello,

R.J. O'Brien broker told me that to trade using Ninja and Continuum (API only) costs $10 per month and 15 cents per side. When I asked RCG broker the same question they quoted me a price of $10 per month and 25 cents per side. Both brokers assured me that they do not add a price mark-up to this Continuum product but rather simply just pass-on the price that Continuum charges them. So this means that one (or both) of the brokers is providing false information either by mistake or not by mistake. Can someone from Ninja staff please confirm the correct cost "per side" to use Ninja and Continuum? If someone from Ninja is not able to help for some reason it would be really nice if someone else from the forum could chime in and provide a correct answer.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Rod.

Did you not consider the possibility that each of these brokers pays a different rate to Continuum? That's sort of the way business works

Comment

Originally posted by Rocket130713 View Post
      Hello,

R.J. O'Brien broker told me that to trade using Ninja and Continuum (API only) costs $10 per month and 15 cents per side. When I asked RCG broker the same question they quoted me a price of $10 per month and 25 cents per side. Both brokers assured me that they do not add a price mark-up to this Continuum product but rather simply just pass-on the price that Continuum charges them. So this means that one (or both) of the brokers is providing false information either by mistake or not by mistake. Can someone from Ninja staff please confirm the correct cost "per side" to use Ninja and Continuum? If someone from Ninja is not able to help for some reason it would be really nice if someone else from the forum could chime in and provide a correct answer.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Rod.
      Hi Rod...could you share your RJO and RCG broker email contact...I am considering the CQG API option as well and you brokers contacts would be useful...eric

Comment

Yes I did consider that CoolMoss, but dismissed the possibility to a some extent given that Dorman broker also said that Continuum charges them 15 cents per side too. I will check with a few other brokers too to see if they are also charging 15 cents per side too. I would say that if all five brokers are charging 15 cents but RCG is charging 25 cents then this would appear to be a touch strange. Would be great if someone else using Ninja/Continuum/RCG set-up could tell me how much per-side they are paying? Maybe Ray from Ninja would know the answers to these questions, given that he has contacts at Continuum?
        Last edited by Rocket130713; 01-27-2014, 06:21 AM.

Comment

Just spoke to an executive at Continuum. We were informed that Continuum charges every broker the same standard rate to use Continuum which is $10 per month and 15 cents per side. We were also told that some brokers do add to this wholesale price (for whatever reason). Also called RJO broker and they add $50 to the above standard rate. RCG as mentioned charge $10 pm and 25 cents per side. But many smaller brokers charge the standard rate and do not mark-up the wholesale price, like Dorman broker and Phillips Futures. I hope this info can help other traders on the Ninja forum.
          Last edited by Rocket130713; 01-27-2014, 10:40 PM.

Comment

Hello Rocket130713,

Thank you all for your posts.

Ultimately speaking, round-turn fees and monthly API fees will vary between brokers. Some of these fees may be handed down directly to the brokers by the technology provider(s) and some may be added by the broker. For this reason, you will need to contact the broker to confirm the fee structure for your specific account.

One of the advantages of NinjaTrader as an independent trading platform is that you can choose from a network of supported brokers offering an array of different technologies to facilitate your live trading. You may view a list of some of NinjaTrader's supported futures brokers at the following link:

Please feel free to contact us if you have any other NinjaTrader inquiries.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by RookieTrader, Today, 07:41 AM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
            Started by kujista, Today, 05:44 AM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB