Why is my NT 7 file almost 6 GB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why is my NT 7 file almost 6 GB?

That seems a little big to me. I think AHG is scanning the whole thing when I start up NT and it is taking a lot longer to start up compared to my last security software. I can't figure out how to exclude NT from being scanned (if it is) with AHG. I know AHG is a resource hog but how do I deal with this? Any help would be awesome.

Oh my lord a goshin'. I just timed the start up of NT and it is taking 16 min and 18 seconds. This is not going to work at all. I hope I figure out what the heck is going on. This is with 6 workspaces but I don't think that is the problem. :-(

Comment

Well, I found out where 1.76 GB of the file was. Tick data. Deleted it per this thread:

The cache, day and minute files weren't very big (45MB for the minute) (39.5MB for the cache)

Comment

Wow. In task manager NT is loading really slow. Like 1k every 2 seconds? It is now after 9 min finally getting to 180MB. I think this AHG install was a wrong move. :-( I know the last time I checked NT went up to the 350MB total or so before it opened. Something like that. Oh, yes. And the CPU is getting really high at some points. Like 50 to 95+? Minimum 45. This is not right. Up to 387MB now.

Okay, 16 min again. And 390MB in task manager.

I have to leave to be somewhere for most of the day so will hopefully see any replies later on today.

One last thing. I noticed that market replay goes back to 2010? Is that the way it should be?
        Last edited by BottomShark77; 01-26-2014, 10:34 AM.

Comment

Do you mean AVG?

Comment

Yes, AVG. See, I just bought it last night and don't even know the name of it yet. OMG.

Comment

AVG used to be fine, but recently it's bloated and I'd say is horrible. Been testing and using the MS Essentials anti-virus for some time and it works very nicely, thankyou It's free, doesn't lock up the whole 'puter when it's scanning files and doesn't get in the way.

Comment

Originally posted by coolmoss View Post
                AVG used to be fine, but recently it's bloated and I'd say is horrible. Been testing and using the MS Essentials anti-virus for some time and it works very nicely, thankyou It's free, doesn't lock up the whole 'puter when it's scanning files and doesn't get in the way.
                Took AVG off and am using another software but it still takes 7 minutes to load. In task manager NT loads up to over 450mb, then it drops back down to 175mb and then climbs to 344mb before it loads. I see my other thread about NT taking 16 min to load has been taken down. I always thought it took 2-3 minutes to load? I've never timed it before and have been using NT for years.

Comment

BottomShark77,

Please contact me at Support AT NinjaTrader DOT com. In the message, please include a link to this thread and a copy of today's trace file. The file is located in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder. I would need the 'trace.20140126.txt' file.
                  KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
                    BottomShark77,

Please contact me at Support AT NinjaTrader DOT com. In the message, please include a link to this thread and a copy of today's trace file. The file is located in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder. I would need the 'trace.20140126.txt' file.
                    I just sent the file to you via email.

Comment

The problem has been solved thanks to Kyle. Thanks Kyle!

Comment

Originally posted by BottomShark77 View Post
                        The problem has been solved thanks to Kyle. Thanks Kyle!
                        What was the cause and solution?

Comment

Originally posted by steve2222 View Post
                          What was the cause and solution?
                          I was opening NT with too many workspaces. So I was told to reduce how many I was using.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by thanajo, 05-04-2021, 02:11 AM
                          3 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post tradingnasdaqprueba  
                          Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post Christopher_R