Connection to eSignal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connection to eSignal

New guy here. Have an account with eSignal. Set up eSignal connection as described in connection wizard. Tried to connect using File/Connect/eSignal (account I created). Get a message " Login failed: Failed to load 'C:\Program Files\NinjaTrader 6.5\bin\ESignal\dbcapi.dll'. Any ideas as to what the problem is here. Any of you eSignal users know if eSignal tech support is familiar with NT setup?

Thanks

Hi,

Can you please ensure you have eSignal's Data Manager installed on your PC. If so and the issue still persists, I suggest to uninstall/re-install eSignal. You can download and install eSignal from the link below.
    Everything you need, all in one place: charts that change the game, better backtesting & scanning, and reliable real-time data

JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the quick response. Reinstalled eSignal and talked to eSignal tech support. Have charts now with eSignal data manager running on machine with NT. I'm assuming that the eSignal data manager must be running to allow NT to get live data.

Thanks

Comment

Hi,

Correct, eSignal's Data Manager needs to be running while being connected to eSignal in NinjaTrader.

Comment

I followed the steps below and re installed eSignal. Have eSignal data manager currently live and fully connected with the green ok status. Tried to unsuccessfully to reconnect to NT7.

Still getting 'Login failed: Failed to load..........\dbcapi.dll'

Any ideas?

Comment

Hello mcirl2,

Can you please make sure you have eSignal 10.6.2124 installed as per the eSignal connection guide below.

If you have a different version installed, please uninstall it and install version 10.6.2124 from the eSignal connection guide.

If the issue remains, can you please shut down the eSignal Data Manager and reboot your PC.

Start NinjaTrader without having the eSignal Data Manager opened and connect to eSignal in NinjaTrader. The eSignal Data Manager should open automatically and connect.

Let me know if this will not work for you.

Comment

NTx64 doesn't connect to eSignal

Hi,

I'm trying to connect to eSignal, however I get the error message that NTx64 can't connect to eSignal and that I should use the 32-bit version.

I am running a lot of charts, strategy analyzers, strategies and I am using a lot of ram, and I guess I'd be pretty limited by the 32-bit version.

Is there a workaround to this inconvenience, and connect to eSignal using NTx64?

Thanks for your help,
              D

Comment

doculik,

I am happy to assist you.

Unfortunately there are no current work-arounds for the eSignal connection to work with 64-bit NinjaTrader. If you have more than 4GB of RAM it would make a slight difference to use the 64-bit version of NinjaTrader, but if you don't have more than this there would be no significant performance difference.

Please let me know if I may assist further.
                Last edited by NinjaTrader_AdamP; 04-09-2012, 02:33 PM.
                Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Adam,

I have two PCs, one with 32GB and one with 12GB. I've got so much memory installed mainly to run Optimizations on large sets of names (and several other uses), and with IQfeed it's been running excellent.

Is there an upgrade for eSignal in the near future, on your side?

Thanks,
                  doculik

Comment

doculik,

NinjaTrader development is working on it for a future release, however I don't have any time frame information available at this time.

Thanks for your interest! I will let them know you are interested in this feature.
                    Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I get the same error:
                      "E-Signal: Failed to load 'C:\Program Files\NinjaTrader 7\bin\ESignal\dbcapi.dll'(Panic)"

I have installed the newest esignal data manager and it works fine.
                      I have configured the connection as described in the connection guide.

any idea what to do?

thanks

Comment

Yeah, like NT_Jason says:

Can you please make sure you have eSignal 10.6.2124 installed as per the eSignal connection guide below.

If you have a different version installed, please uninstall it and install version 10.6.2124 from the eSignal connection guide.

If the issue remains, can you please shut down the eSignal Data Manager and reboot your PC.

Start NinjaTrader without having the eSignal Data Manager opened and connect to eSignal in NinjaTrader. The eSignal Data Manager should open automatically and connect.
                        It worked for me, but you need to do EXACTLY like it says in the guide. And you need to use the 32bit version.

Comment

great, thanks. I de-installed version 11.x and installed 10.6.2124. Now it works:-)

Comment

Copy -> C:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 7\bin\ESignal\dbcapi.dll

to C:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 7\bin\

and Ninja x32 work with Esignal 11 and 10

Comment

i am having the same issue. has there been any changes to this as i these are quite old posts.

What versions of esignal do you have to be using now

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post DynamicTest  
                              Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post ScottWalsh