Charges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charges

Yesterday i went into the market 2 times. But was charged for going in for 8 times. It was the first time i used profit targets and stop losses. My profit target was reached both times at 4 ticks with 4 contrats. I was charged for 8 executions. Can someone help me in understanding why.

Am i being charged for each contract rather then being charged for the number of times i enter the market???
    Last edited by imclaude; 01-28-2014, 08:00 AM.

Hello imclaude,

Thanks for your post.

Please contact your broker for information on what the consider to be the 8 executions. I would not be able to say how your broker is processing it as it could be related to the stops and targets or could be on the number of orders for example.
    BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I did contact them and they told me Ninja trader submited 8 entrys to them. But i only went in twice??

Comment

Hello imclaude,

Thanks for writing in.

Please ask your broker what those 8 entries are.
        I suspect that they are charging you per contract.
        If you are not able to verify this ask your broker to send you the information on the 8 orders and send us your log, trace, and order information from your broker to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com
        In the message include a link to this forum topic and put ATTN Brandon in the message
        You can send the files as attachments

You will find the log file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.

The log file will be named "log.20140127.txt"
        You will find the trace file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.

The trace file will be named "trace.20140127.txt"
        Last edited by NinjaTrader_Brandon; 01-28-2014, 08:21 AM.
        BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by imclaude View Post
          Yesterday i went into the market 2 times. But was charged for going in for 8 times. It was the first time i used profit targets and stop losses. My profit target was reached both times at 4 ticks with 4 contrats. I was charged for 8 executions. Can someone help me in understanding why.

Am i being charged for each contract rather then being charged for the number of times i enter the market???
          You say "contracts", so I presume that you are trading futures. I do not know of any broker who does not charge per contract. If you had 4 contracts, that would represent 4 entries and 4 exits, one each for each contract, and you would be charged for 8 contracts. Whether those are individual charges or concatenated, the value should be the same: there is no minimum charge for a contract when you are in a particular tier.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Tim-c, Today, 03:54 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Tim-c
          by Tim-c

Started by FrancisMorro, Today, 03:24 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes