Which current NT Release is for CQG?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which current NT Release is for CQG?

Unfortunately, all the challenges with Mirus Futures and Zenfire Ninjatrader offers new Releases (R19-21) to solve and help this problems. But what is with all the traders which have no problems with Zenfire? When I use AMP+CQG I am happy with R18 and it works.

So it is necessary to upgrade from R18 to R21? Which release is the right for AMP+CQG now?

Chris

Hello,

Thanks for the post.

The combination Amp/CQG will work well with R18 and there is no special need to upgrade to R21 as there have been no changes/fixes or updates for this adapter.
    Although, we do recommend always be on the latest release as this version will perform the same way.

Also, it's always best to check out the Release Notes prior to upgrade so you know what has been changed:
    Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Looking at the release notes, I see this comment for release 19:

"On connection recovery, adapter will now retry until successfully recovered"

Currently (release 18 & earlier), when Ninja loses connection, it doesn't reconnect on it's own for 20-30-40 minutes or more, even when internet is available. So I currently must disconnect the current connection & then reconnect. Sometimes, I'm forced to exit Ninja & restart the program.

Am I understanding correctly, that with release 19, Ninja will reconnect on it's own (in a much more timely manner)?

If true (& if it works), this would be a significant improvement - imo.

Comment

Originally posted by RL8093 View Post
        Looking at the release notes, I see this comment for release 19:

"On connection recovery, adapter will now retry until successfully recovered"

Currently (release 18 & earlier), when Ninja loses connection, it doesn't reconnect on it's own for 20-30-40 minutes or more, even when internet is available. So I currently must disconnect the current connection & then reconnect. Sometimes, I'm forced to exit Ninja & restart the program.

Am I understanding correctly, that with release 19, Ninja will reconnect on it's own (in a much more timely manner)?

If true (& if it works), this would be a significant improvement - imo.
        That was specific only the GAIN connection.

A CQG connection will re-connect as soon as the connection is available.
        MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Matthew View Post
          A CQG connection will re-connect as soon as the connection is available.
          This has not been my experience with the old Zenfire connection nor is it now my experience with CQG.

Comment

Hello,

When the software discovers a disconnection NinjaTrader will make multiple attempts to reconnect however this process can time out if the connection cannot be reestablished relatively soon. If the automatic reconnection process was to time out the connection would need to be cycled manually.
            KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

mirus

trying to find out ,although this may not be a question for NT,what were are suppose to do with out zen.RCG,mirus accounts?My rcg account does not open for example.Is there a link to w webinar or a support page that explains all all of this in one setting?

Comment

Hello,

I would recommend that you contact your broker to see what alternate connection options are available to you.
                KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
                3 responses
                0 likes