Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ways to trade when working full time

Hi All,

I have an automated robot that I had developed for MT4 to trade forex and this works rather well. However, I have been recently thinking a lot about trying to do more in futures and equity trading. I know there are 2 different groups who say automated trading does not work in the long run due to makets continually changing and then there are others who say differently.

I have been looking at Trendfollowing.com for the training on developing my own system and I am very keen on Ultimate Fractal Swing Tool from Newbie-Trader.com. I watched the Youtube video of the tool that Ninja trader published and think this could be the tool for me to use to implement my own trend following strategy. However, I understand that this tool and others out there only provide signals. I need to sit in front of the PC all day to act on the signals.

I have a job where I work 11 hours a day and spend another 1.5 hours traveling to and from work and then a family that wants Papi to spend time with them. Thus, I could manage to sit in front of the PC for about 1 - 2 hours a night to trade. If the signals do not occur during that time frame, I would end up missing a whole lot of opporutnity and probably never recover the monthly costs of these tool framework solutions.

Therefore, I wanted to ask the discretionary trading community: What tools do you use and what process do you follow to place new trades and manage your in force trades when you are not at the PC? How many hours do you sit in front of the computer to trade your strategies?

If a real time strategy wont work, due to need to be in front of the computer, I might need to really look at end of day types of trend strategies. Any adivce on what you might recommend for this approach?

Cheers

XraptorX

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by Perr0Grande, Today, 08:16 PM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post Perr0Grande  
Started by elderan, Today, 08:03 PM
0 responses
0 likes