Login-Failure - due to Sunday?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Login-Failure - due to Sunday?

I switched from Mirus to a Rhithmic-feed with Vision a few weeks ago.

If I remember Ray right during the Mirus-issue-"webinar", all historical data is provided by NinjaTrader when using a Rithmic-feed.

Like every Sunday I tried to do some replays and studies of the past week's trades.

But all Sunday (already 8:30pm in my timezone) long I was unable to connect to the datafeed - getting an error "Login failed: Unable to login(13): permission error". This worked fine on Friday and even during Saturday, but not today. Nothing changed neither on my computer nor on my network-stuff nor in my accounts.

This is especially annoying since I try to play with different timeframes and / or markets - as the data without live-connection can't be refreshed, I'm pretty much stuck. Don't remember to have such issues when Zenfire used to be up and running fine.

IF this is common Sunday behavior (e.g. due to some maintenance at NinjaTrader's site) I'd need an immediate alternative - promised "historical data included" is valid 24/7 for me, am I wrong with this?
    Last edited by RonnyKeller; 02-02-2014, 01:37 PM.

Ronny

I am having the same issue - I sent a support request 4 hours ago and obviously being Sunday and the Super Bowl I have got no response

Comment

I was affected by ZenFire fiasco also and I migrated to Rithmic with Dorman.
      Normally one hour before futures open on Sunday 17.00 CT connection works. However today not.
      As every time a problem happens on Sunday, can anyone in Rithmic or Ninjatrader support?

Comment

Originally posted by pepepaco View Post
        I was affected by ZenFire fiasco also and I migrated to Rithmic with Dorman.
        Normally one hour before futures open on Sunday 17.00 CT connection works. However today not.
        As every time a problem happens on Sunday, can anyone in Rithmic or Ninjatrader support?
        Same issue here. 5:10 PM est ...

Login Failed:unable to login (13): permission error

Rhythmic with Dorman.

Comment

Same Here 5:45 PM est

I'm getting rid of this. Enough is enough. Too bad I' really did like ninja except for the TT DOM payment.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us to report the issue.

I have seen a number of these reports popping up recently. In some cases syncing the PC's clock will allow a connection to take place. To sync the PC's clock, shut down NinjaTrader then take the following steps:

Please use the steps below to change your Time Zone and sync the PC clock, note to set the server to time.nist.gov.
            You can sync your PC clock by double clicking on the clock in the lower right corner of your desktop. Press 'Change time zone...' Set the Time zone and press 'OK'.
            Once you have done that, click on Internet Time tab set the server to time.nist.gov and then click Update. Your PC clock should now be updated.

If the issue remains after syncing the clock I would recommend that you contact your broker directly to report the login issue.
            KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I'm having this issue with Rithmic as well, clock syncs and restarts have failed to fix the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by LightWeight View Post
                I'm having this issue with Rithmic as well, clock syncs and restarts have failed to fix the problem.
                Same here. Sync and reboot still no work.

Emailing broker

Comment

follow up

I just spoke to my broker - Rithmic feed is down and there is no time frame for it to be fixed. This means when it does come up there will be missing data as the current data is not being recorded

But yet another issue when we as the trader gets the stick unless you subscribe to Kinetick

Comment

I should point out that I also have R Trader and it is working fine/getting price data, the problem seems to be between Ninja and Rithmic.

Comment

Originally posted by cjbooth View Post
                      I just spoke to my broker - Rithmic feed is down and there is no time frame for it to be fixed. This means when it does come up there will be missing data as the current data is not being recorded

But yet another issue when we as the trader gets the stick unless you subscribe to Kinetick
                      <sigh> unreal.

Comment

Connection appears to be working again now.

Comment

Originally posted by LightWeight View Post
                          Connection appears to be working again now.
                          I'm in also.

Comment

Any given Sunday ?

Another weekend, another "fail to connect", drives me nuts...

Saturday, 6:30am Chicago-time (1:30 pm in my time zone) and I cannot connect to Vision /Rithmic through NinjaTrader, and therefore am unable to process my usual weekend-study-work.

If there is a general maintenace plan during the weekend's I'd really like to know from when/till when they are supposed to be in place!

@Ninja-Support:

a) Is there in general a time-window over the weekend's when Nina's datafeed, which is supposed to provide the historical data for Rithmic connections, usually is not available?

b) Do you know about any regular shutdown-plans of the Rithmic datafeed over the weekend's ?

c) Do you happen to know about a regular shutdown at Vision's, since Ninja is working and recommending Vision for so many years?

Comment

Same issue for me. Dorman-Rithmic.

i understand connection providers do maintenance work on weekends, but ar least to know a minimum availability.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by kempotrader, Today, 08:56 AM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes
                              Last Post kempotrader  
                              Started by kempotrader, Today, 08:54 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes