Cant run Strategy Backtest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cant run Strategy Backtest

Newly downloaded Ninjatrader and new to Ninjatrader. Can't make strategy backtest to work.
    1. Connected to datafeed
    2. Strategy Analyzer - selected instrument, run backtest
    3. Output summary all 0, does not show any result
    4. Changes parameters on strategy still same results. (NT 7)

Hello tapabrata,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader Support Forum!

So I may investigate this matter further please answer the following questions.
    • Who are you connected to? This is displayed by green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.
    • What instrument(s) have you selected? If a futures instrument, what expiry is selected? (Example: ES 06-13)
    • What interval and period type is selected for the backtest? (Example: Tick, Minute, Day, etc.)
    • Do you see results when running the same test on the SampleMaCrossOver strategy in NinjaTrader?

I look forward to your response.

Comment

not working backtest in strategy analyzer

Hi, please could you help me with similar problem.

I´m connected to historical data from Yahoo and I´m testing share of AAPL for the period 1994-2014 with daily chart for this period I can select whole chart so I´ve thought that there are all data.

I have only simple strategy with MA with 60 days it working ok but when I try different (EMA long cross prize close with SL 400). There only "0" in summary report. Also when I try default SimpleMAcrossOver it´s not working.

For better imagination I´m sending pics of my problem. I´d be really glad if could help me.
      Thank you Viliam
      Attached Files

Comment

Opentick, for the SampleMACrossOver on daily data, please ensure the ExitOnClose is set to false, would that make a change in outcome for you?

Your EMA script sees one entry reviewing the report - how is the stoploss exactly setup, would you mind posting a screenshot as well?

Thanks,
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Really thank you! For the SampleMACrossOver it´s now working! so always for daily report it has to be with ExitOnClose-False? At the strategy with EMA there was a problem with Entries per direction I changed it for 100 entries and it worked.

Stop loss I´m enclosing it looks that there is now effect to results.

May you could also help with setting of comission. I´ve done everything according guide NT. But commission are still not included. There are two pictures of setting them (through options, and on instrument) which i set.

I look forward to hearing from you
          Viliam
          Attached Files

Comment

Correct, for daily and higher please have ExitOnClose = false, this is applicable for intraday only.

For the commissions in backtesting, please enter them for the Simulator entry and then recheck your outcome.

Thanks,

Comment

Thank you for tip but unfortunately I can´t find setting which you mean. In row for commission it´s there... May you think something in simulator which I´ve enclosed.
              Attached Files

Comment

Opentick, no that would not be found in the Simulator tab, but rather in the selection of commission fields. If you check for example your 2nd screenshot in post #5 you can see it right above the TDA entry.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
                4 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post bmartz
                by bmartz

Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
                4 responses