Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IB Strategy orders defaulting to ETH

Hello,

I'm running a stock automated strategy executing through Interactive Brokers, and I've noticed that all orders are flagged to execute outside market hours (i.e pre-market and after- market).

Under Account Connections, I have already unchecked "Trigger after hours".

Is there anyway I can force orders to be valid only during US Equities RTH (which is the default timeframe all my stock instruments are set to)?

Thanks.

-Nick

Hi Nick, what settings do you use in the TWS itself under the order presets / timing section?
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

IB Strategy orders defaulting to ETH

Hey Nick,
      Nice thread posted here. I am new here and learning the bit of technical things of trading. You shared nice information. Thanks for posting.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
        Hi Nick, what settings do you use in the TWS itself under the order presets / timing section?
        Hi Bertrand,

Under Stocks > Presets > Timing, I have both ETH and pre-market option unchecked (please see screenshot)

Also, under NinjaTrader's Account Connections for IB, I have "Trigger after hours" unchecked as well (screenshot).

Thanks.

-Nick
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks, seems to be working fine me in testing - IB gives an accepted state for example for INTC now (~40 mins till RTH open). Which NT7 version and IB TWS do you use in your setup?

Comment

Hi Bertrand,

I'm using NT 64-bit 7.0.1000.18 and TWS 938.1e.

All my orders are GTC, and they're shown as being valid between 0400 EST - 2000 EST (please see screenshot).

Is there a way I can code my strategy to place only RTH orders?

-Nick
            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Nick, I was able to reproduce the behavior you saw now on my setup and have asked my dev team to review. I will be in touch with any updates.

Comment

Nick, the review is completed and it has been noted as limitation unfortunately for NT7. For our next major platform update this would be handled and working as expected. To limit hours now you would need to look into doing that directly from the strategy code itself via a Time filter for example.

Comment

Exact same problem for me.

Comment

Sorry to hear that rrkflyer, however the info from my post below from earlier this year would still be accurate and current.

Comment

Hi,
                      It's still a problem with NT (in newest version 7) ?

I have a serious problem with starting strategies with limit orders . If strategy say day earlier send limit orders than in backtest when starting strategy (before session) it will be placed and unfortunately executed if limit rules are met. I run my strtegy on RTH bars, but it doesn't matter if strategies is enabled before session.

It's not so easy to create some "time filter" as You say. If order is from backtest and is legitimate (placed in RTH days earlier) it should be placed when strategy was enabled (before session) but not executed outside RTH hours.

I can delete all orders before session end and later send it again on beginning of the next session - but all this takes time and I get time slippage from beginning of the session, orders never execute on open or as near as possible . Btw strategy backtest will be different from real time execution - in backtest limit orders was executed only on bars not between them.

So is there some solution or fix to this ?

Comment

Hello,
                        What you are experiencing is expected. If you are submitting an order outside of the hours that you want then there is a chance that the order will get filled if the market is trading. To resolve this you will need to place your order during the hours that you are wanting the order to be placed at. The simplest way to do this is to create a timer filter. I would recommend to take a look at the reference sample we have on creating a Time Filter. This reference sample can be found at the following link : http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ead.php?t=3226
                        Cody B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by Mongo, Today, 11:05 AM
                        1 response
                        0 likes
                        Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                        Started by Tim-c, Today, 10:58 AM
                        1 response
                        0 likes